• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far are you guys with ram 1:1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree that this probably belongs in the Memory Forum, but oh well. What no one has really discussed, and is ultimately more important than simple FSB/memory 1:1 speed, is memory timings and memory bandwidth. How about if everyone posts their FSB/memory speed, memory timings, and Sandra unbuffered memory bandwidth. I am real curious to see how the memory timings affect the memory bandwidth scores at these high FSB/memory speeds.

Edward2 said:
I agree that this probably belongs in the Memory Forum, but oh well. What no one has really discussed, and is ultimately more important than simple FSB/memory 1:1 speed, is memory timings and memory bandwidth. How about if everyone posts their FSB/memory speed, memory timings, and Sandra unbuffered memory bandwidth. I am real curious to see how the memory timings affect the memory bandwidth scores at these high FSB/memory speeds.

heres mine...

300.JPG

BUFFERED
buff2.JPG

UNBUFFERED
unbuff1.JPG

Not bad on that 2.8C M0 :D

My Albatron will do 292 1:1 memtest clean, but the entire system isn't 3D stable at that speed. It will memtest, Prime, 3Dmark and whatever else I want at 287 1:1. This is my system below, but with my 2.4C M0 instead of my 3.0C...

OMG! chiyau, those memory bandwidth scores are SICK! Absolutely SICK! Good f'in work. Wow.

225FSB 1:1 on Corsair XMS3200 here, on stock timings. Survives all stressers. I think this is the ideal memory for a 3.2C on air.

nice, what kind of cooling you using chiyau? im jsut curious if ppl are hitting 4ghz on air with 1:1 FSB/mem :)

thanks guys, i'm able to acheive such overclock because of my Mach cooling and a good M0 cpu :)

my 3.0 SL6WU arrived today and wil see how far that will go.

chuyau, is it a machI or a machII?
Using Adata too, i heard that Adata is making their own pcb, and it still rocks. how come it doesnt get more attention? i mean, its a really good deal for the speed and the mem size.
but im also thinking, wont the CPU limit the OCing too? i know every CPU is different. is there some weeks or stepping that are really good OCer then others? i know some ppl has WUs with 12 caps running really good and i also know others have WK running 4ghz on air. is there any trick to find out, like if i can get the same batch will it be really close to what other people got?
i have a WK 30 caps running 250 1:1 right now.

285fsb 1:1 2.85vdimm with Adata PC4200 (2x256mb)

Prime testing once again, sticks are in slots 2 and 4 for Dual-Channel, before they were in slots 1 and 3 but unstable..... so far so good I've been priming for a while without an error *knocks on wood* before it stopped at 1hr and 15 minutes.

I get around 6700mb/s in Sandra Mem buffered

The 2.4C is at 1.600v

tekOC said:
sticks are in slots 2 and 4 for Dual-Channel, before they were in slots 1 and 3 but unstable

that's interesting
i didnt know , that the slot combination can make any oc forward

tekOC said:
sticks are in slots 2 and 4 for Dual-Channel, before they were in slots 1 and 3 but unstable.....

Very interesting. i dont know slots are going to make a difference...i thought as long as you put them in dual channel mode they will be fine.

My SL6WU is at 1:1 240MHz with my Kingston HyperX KHX3000, meaning I'm actually getting PC3840 from a PC3000 or DDR480 instead of the rated DDR370.

My timings are 2-2-2-6 :)

267fsb 1:1 with OCZ 3700 Gold Dual Channel. Wasn't stable though, but I could run some Sandra benchmarks with it. Usually I stick with 5:4 at 275fsb. Hehe, not bad for DDR466 running with the big boys at 534, it does run stable at 255fsb 1:1 for DDR510. but I like the 275fsb better. All at IC7 max of 2.8v

Back