• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how far can the i3 560 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steamtrain

Hello guys, i am new to this forum. My name is Luis and i recently purchased parts to build a computer. I went for an i3 560, with the p55 sli classified 200 motherboard and as cooling i have the h100 corsair liquid cooler. Reason i went for this is because i got all three of them for 225 brand new with warranty and everything(the h100 alone online is 100 dollars, so basically i got the mobo and processor for 125, which is a steal).
If i decide i want more power later down the road ill sell that mobo and i3, and buy me an i5 or i7. For now i want to see once i get the rest of the parts Monday, and i put it together. How far can the i3 560 go and will it be a bottleneck to the gtx 560 ti? if not can i sli the gtx 560 ti and how much of a bottleneck will the i3 be? assuming i overclock it to the MAX.

My build is goes as follows,

-core i3 560 3.33 GHz stock clock
-evga p55 classified 200 3 way sli motherboard
-H100 corsair liquid cooler
-zotac gtx 560 ti overclocked
-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency, Intel XMP Ready, Unbuffered
-Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s
-windows 7 home premium 64 bit

as you can see, if later down the road i wana upgrade ill just sell the board and i3, and i can get a different one. Anyways, my question is, how far can i expect to push the i3 so it wont be a bottleneck to my gtx 560 ti, and if overclocked enough, can i sli?

Thank you.

I was able to get 4.6gHz stable on my i3 540 with really high voltage it pushed 4.8gHz. I was surprised that a $100 chip went so high and honestly felt faster than my 2500k in bf3.

Ok so i managed to push it to 4.44 GHz, and the voltages are the following. tell me if its too much, or if i messed with something i wasent suppost to mess with. thnx
vcore:1.37500
vtt voltage: 1.37500
dram voltage. automatic settings threw it to 1.65 so i set it manually to 1.50(the box for the ram said that it can run 1600 at 1.50. so i left it at that)

those are the only voltages i messed with. I ran intel burn test for 3 hours and the temps never went over 64 C. they usually stayed at 61-62 when running the test at "very high" stress level. I say not bad, and it iddles at 32-32 C. thanks, i would like to get it to 4.7 at least, and if so, what can i do, and what voltages should i mess with and which ones i should not mess with.

The intel burn test, after 3 hours said my system is stable. but i would like to know what can i change, do i need to lower voltages, if so where. I would like to get this to 4.7GHz.

Back