• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long do you wait for buyer response on E-Bay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I sold my old Cell Phone on E-bay to a legit bidder. I sent him/her an invoice. How long do you wait for a response usually? I know there should be some leeway with turkey day being in 2 days but I don't know how long is allowable/proper. Couldn't seem to find it on their useless help section either.

Longest I waited was about a week. I was all set to start a ****ing match when the guy responded, and was late due to a death in the family. Personally, a week is probably excessive, but you also find people who will pay immediately with no communication, so some leeway is a better idea.

I sold my old Cell Phone on E-bay to a legit bidder. I sent him/her an invoice. How long do you wait for a response usually? I know there should be some leeway with turkey day being in 2 days but I don't know how long is allowable/proper. Couldn't seem to find it on their useless help section either.

i start the process as soon as possible. the new time frame is 4days now

"death in the family" has been used too often that I don't believe them. My auction had a 3 days required in description. All of this year I've had only 1 non paying buyer.

Yeah, I am one of those buyers who just pay with no communication when I can. Why send a message saying 'oh, I paid the moment I wont the auction', they probably got the e-mail about payment before my message anyways.

I give 3 business days for a reply on selling items if there wasn't an immediate payment. Luckily I haven't had a 'no-show' yet.

Depending if its auction style or buy it now/best offer.

Best Offer/Buy It Now; generally no longer than 24hours....figured they were ready to buy it right then and there and I usually require immediate payment.

Auctions I give it a couple of days, roughly 48-72hours

Ive become a bit more strict on eBay since i had a high selling item get me screwed over and an entanglement in dealing with eBay about it; was all resolved and learned alot from it.

Well it sold on Tuesday and I'm leaving town tomorrow so I'll be generous and give them until Monday. That's almost a week. They buyer is 4/4 in good feedback ratings.

Man, this is what I hate about E-bay. I finally e-mailed the guy Sunday after getting no response from the first e-mail and he gave me the "sorry, I was away for the holiday, I'll pay on Monday". I said fine, I understand but then Monday came and went with no pay. I e-mailed him again before bed last night saying "Look, I don't want to be a jerk, but I can't wait around forever. If you pay by Wednesday then I will still leave you positive feedback and ship it the next day. If not, then I will relist the item and give you negative feedback. Sorry, I really don't want to be this way." Lo and behold, I got payment this morning before 9am. Sheez......

How about seller who doesn't reply? Bought something on eBay 8 weeks ago. At the time the seller had around 50k feedback rating with about 40 or 50 negs a month. Most of them looked like picky buyer issue (too bright pink, took 7 days to receive, etc) and not a legitimate seller issue.

3 weeks ago, no communication no tracking info, and seller got around 500 negs in just a few weeks for the same issue. I filed chargeback with Paypal and Paypal gave the seller until November 21th to provide tracking info. Seller never responded, and the dispute still sits on my account as it was still "waiting for seller's response" almost 2 weeks past due date. I've emailed Paypal to check into this.

(ps just checked the seller, his rating has dropped below 95% and continues to pile up on negs with almost no positive feedback. Like the seller either died or gave up on eBay)

Back