• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to force idle 157/300 O/Ced HD5870?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

Hello,

After viewing this post:
Bored of 3D clocks in 2D mode? Then fix it!
1_Open CCC and choose Overdrive tab,Unlock the Settings(by Clicking on the " Gold Key" Icon)
2_Go top Options,Profile and choose Profile Manager.
3_In the Composition tab,choose "The following settings" and in the "ATI Radeon HD x.x.x.x series"make sure only ATi Overdrive is checked.
Now enter a Profile name,then save and close it(Do not activate).
4_Go to C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles (Its hidden so make sure you unlock hidden files and folders)
5_Open the profile with wordpad and edit the values:
<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />

<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />)

and for the second card (If any):

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_1">
<Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />

<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_1">
<Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />

Save the changes and close.

6_Open CCC,in options tab go to profiles,profile manager and choose the profile that you saved before and then click on Activate and close.

Now your cards will idle @ 157/300

Link: http://www.overclock.net/ati/784861-ati-radeon-hd-5870-refuses-idle.html

I gave it a try, but it seems that it doesn't work. I don't know if it has been fixed by amd.
I just want to know if it works for you guys or if you got another solution to force the card to idle at lower speed.

Thanks for you help.

BTW, I use catalysm 10.10...

I just noticed that it's like if the modification you try to include are ignored.
So I played a bit with the settings and noticed that you can really modify the CCC interface. The only thing I tried to change and worked was the fan % value.
From 55 to 75, I could see the number changing, but no difference on the fan ;(
Do you have any clue why it isn't working?

so lets start with the easy one, you mentioned on the second post.
this fan value is for MANUEL fan settins, it doesnt not effect the auto settings
sooo, try again, set the fan to manuel in CCC, then save out a profile

ok now right here things get Thick (from what i saw) , you have to Select WHAT you all want in the profile, so dont mess that up.

Dont have that profile loaded.
then make your fan edit, then load that profile back in.
also take note that sometimes files are locked when being used by other programs.

that might finnaly get you to seeing how to edit the file and have adjusted just the fan
small starts that work , are moving foreward.

Back