• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to force idle 157/300 on O/Ced HD5870?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

Hello,

After viewing this post:
Bored of 3D clocks in 2D mode? Then fix it!
1_Open CCC and choose Overdrive tab,Unlock the Settings(by Clicking on the " Gold Key" Icon)
2_Go top Options,Profile and choose Profile Manager.
3_In the Composition tab,choose "The following settings" and in the "ATI Radeon HD x.x.x.x series"make sure only ATi Overdrive is checked.
Now enter a Profile name,then save and close it(Do not activate).
4_Go to C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles (Its hidden so make sure you unlock hidden files and folders)
5_Open the profile with wordpad and edit the values:
<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />

<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />)

and for the second card (If any):

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_1">
<Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />

<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_1">
<Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />

Save the changes and close.

6_Open CCC,in options tab go to profiles,profile manager and choose the profile that you saved before and then click on Activate and close.

Now your cards will idle @ 157/300

Link: http://www.overclock.net/ati/784861-ati-radeon-hd-5870-refuses-idle.html

I gave it a try, but it seems that it doesn't work. I don't know if it has been fixed by amd.
I just want to know if it works for you guys or if you got another solution to force the card to idle at lower speed.

BTW, I use catalysm 10.10...

This is a repost. I know it doesn't work anymore after reading some forum post.
I am still wondering if there's another solution than flashing the card with the desired value (XFX product, warranty is awesome).

Thanks for your help!

Back