• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to tell if an OEM case is ATX standard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast Of Blight

Disabled
How can I tell if the motherboard tray in an OEM case is standard ATX and not some funked up thing that the manufacturer did to ensure no other mobo but the one that came with the system would fit?

I'm fairly new to this particular area of compuers, so.. please take it easy on me. :(

I'd just look at the size of the mobo and guess. How I did it with my HP. Mobo is small and only has 3 PCI (MircoATX only allows for four right), and the case can not hold a bigger mobo so it must be a MircoATX case.

Of course this may or may not help you.

I don't feel like tearing everything out of the case, but the case is a mid tower, the back of the case has four PCI/AGP slot covers. The Motherboard in it is a Trigem Glendale.

So..buffah, probably is mATX, since the board only has 3PCI slots on it..

Trigem eh? Not the best mobo in the world, lol. Anyway from the sound of things I'd say it's MircoATX. Just out of curisoty who is the OEM?

Back