• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How well do L12 and L11 wire mods work for XP-M2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metalwave

Registered
I've been hitting a wall at 1.85Vcore on my system. Upping it more doesn't help much. I've heard people saying that the L11 mod (setting default Vcore to 1.775) helps with this problem, but it's always been just rumours. Anyone have any real experience with this?

Also does the L12 wire mod (setting default fsb to 166/200) help with getting higher FSB's?

Metalwave said:
I've been hitting a wall at 1.85Vcore on my system. Upping it more doesn't help much. I've heard people saying that the L11 mod (setting default Vcore to 1.775) helps with this problem, but it's always been just rumours. Anyone have any real experience with this?

I don't know, I personally have never had that problem, and easily had my voltage up at 1.95v w/o any mods. Although my chip is 2400+, the L11s on both XP-M2400+ and XP-M2500+ are the same.
Maybe there's something limiting your voltage, like a weak powersupply?

Metalwave said:
Also does the L12 wire mod (setting default fsb to 166/200) help with getting higher FSB's?

In most cases, Yes.

Back