• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's my setup looking? Am I ready to order everything?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BeerHunter said:
:thup: That's a great case..would be a shame to cut it. Then again I don't see where your going to fit chevette core let alone blazer core. The bottom looks too small, the center front seems to have issues with air flow... hmm.

Have you checked out the WC case sticky?
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=260240

http://www.lian-li.com/products/pcv2000.htm

^ this one looks same but taller with more room on bottom for core.
Yea, I am really crossing my fingers hoping everything will work out. I'm sure that the duals will fit up top and that might be a last resort if anything.
I really like this setup here
If all else fails, I will buy the v2000b.

Jbroad572 said:
I ordered the Dtek Pro 120 tonight in black. I think I picked up the wrong heater core from Oreilly auto parts since the barbs were diff than the pictures I had seen. I was considering a dual heater core and cutting the top of the case, but I will experiment with this setup first and if I feel I need it then I will upgrade and mod :clap:.

Yea, I'm thinking about another pump. I found a 1 week used MCP6000 pump (rev. 2), for $60. Not sure if I should go for that or not, but I guess it would be better than the mag 3?

Depends upon who you ask. Some people blather on about how reliable the Swiftech pump is (it's not really made by Swiftech, just relabled, you'll notice Dangerden sells a pump that looks unusually similar), but the Mag 3 has more head, costs half as much and if you just spend the couple dollars and 15 minutes to use some RTV sealant around the o-ring area, you'll never have to worry about a leak (which, though rather exagerrated in frequency, is still a valid concern). I really don't understand why a community that embraces modding in every form, won't just mod the pump with RTV sealant and call it the 2500+ Barton of water pumps. It's cheap and you won't find better performance under $120. Just spend the few minutes to put some sealant on it and you've got a great pump for cheap. Hell, you could even JB Weld it if you really wanted to, but then you couldn't replace the impeller if you needed to in a couple years.

Have you seen this setup?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=275827

Not the best performer as it uses a Maze4 block, which had been replaced by the RBX and TDX, but the best looking setup I've seen, probably ever. It really makes me want to buy a Coolermaster case (but I don't want to spend $120 on a case). I still have to buy a new video card as my 9600XT, even overclocked 20% is starting to choke even on rather modest settings.

BeerHunter said:
Whats wet water do? Personally I'd look into a different pump if noise is a concern Mag = noise. And I would get a larger heater core. Meh..you did'nt say what case you have nor your goals so it's difficult to judge.

You can quiet a Mag pretty easily. Putting a rubber or foam pad underneat will quiet it significantly.

Well, just bought the MCP600, so that replaced the mag3, everything else is the same.
Will pick up the metal hose clamps from a store locally.

Back