• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Compaq JBL Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darknecron

So I helped a friend move, and in return, they gave me an old, crappy set of speakers along with an ancient laptop (150 mhz cpu) and desktop (600 mhz cpu). I wasn't expecting anything in return...so I was plenty happy. When it came to the speakers (HP Compaq JBL Pro (401508-001)), I though they were be crappy...until I plugged them in.

I had a set of CA 3602s, which until now, I though had excellent sound quality. HOLY FRIGGIN GOD. The JBL pros have far superior midrange and tenor (and overall clarity), but lacked the base that the CA's sub could provide. So...I simply replaced the CA's stock satellites with the JBL pros, and I am amazed by the quality of audio they put out.

I guess the point of this thread is to suggest a satellite upgrade to anyone with the CA 3602...but I was also wondering if a set of Altec Lansing VS2620 s could have better mids / highs / clarity than the JBL pros (if anyone happens to know).

Back