• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hp F2105 - Buy from HP new or refurbished?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bongopukerat

Registered
First off, I've read a few reviews on this monitor, all saying that it's great. But if anyone has some input i'd be more than happy to hear it.

My dad works at HP so we can get a discount if we buy it new from HP.com

Starting price $699.99
HP EPP Price HP EPP $629.99 *
Save $50 with mail-in rebate -$50.00
Price after rebate $579.99 *

Or I can buy it refurbished...
http://refurbdepot.com/productdetails2.cfm?Product_ID=4379
only $500.

I bought my L90D+ monitor refurbished from zipzoomfly.com and saved about $70. It was one of the best decisions I've made because it has zero dead pixels.
Anyways, I personally think this monitor is better than it's dell counterpart; mostly because I don't want to deal with the backlight issue.
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to buy this HP one refurbished and save $80~? Or should I take advantage of the employee discount and buy it new? Thanks

I currently own this monitor and it is great, i have it running dual next to a 21"crt flat screen and it puts it to shame. What kind of warrenty will you get with HP? I bought mine at compusa and dont regret it, I also bought the replacement plan because of monitors high value. You might want to pay the extra money and get it from HP just incase something happens after that 90 day referb warrenty. This isnt a $200-$300 lcd here.

It's a one year limited warranty from HP. Hey, I read some posts from another forum from two different people claiming there was a lag in the time it took to move your mouse and when the cursor would move. They said in some games this problem actually got worse the longer you played. Can you tell me anything about his or your own person experience?

And you make a very good point about the warranty vs price. An additional $80 just might be worth it for a year warranty versus a 90 day one. Plus, I would expect the HP warrantly to be a lot easier to work with than some place called "refurbdepot.com"

Back