• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP w1707, should I get it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrokiller

I've always wanted to own one of these...whatever size. I simply love these Hp monitors design and build. Im picking this up for my younger brother. The native res is 1440x900 with your regular DVI, VGA and Audio-In inputs. Its only gonna be used for school work(spreadsheets, Word, Excel etc etc) and watching Anime and some movies. No gaming at all. Ive seen the demo and theres really nothing I don't like about this monitor.

Im just not sure about the price. I can pick it up from the store 10mins away for CAD $120. Should I buy it? Im just not sure if the price is decent or I could do better at this price range? ...keeping in mind the shipping charges and the wait through an online purchase.

hp-w1707.1129862.jpg

Tech Specs:
Display type: 17” diagonal Widescreen Thin-Film Transistor LCD active matrix
Display resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz max
Pixel pitch: 0.255 mm
Display brightness: 250 nits (typical)
Contrast ratio: 600:1 (typical)
Display viewing angle: Horizontal: 160 degrees (Typical), Vertical: 150 degrees (Typical)
Refresh response time: 8 ms (on-off)
Display moving angle: Tilt range: -5 to +20 degrees
Faceplate treatment: Antiglare, antistatic

Back