• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Html

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mi6

i have a question im considerd a webmaster and i whanted to kno how the HELL do you get it to allways mark www.overclokers.com even ween i click on any window like now im in Overclockers Forums > Overclocking > Programming Tips and Tricks but at the top it still says oc.com how do you get that to work i would love that on my page ;P thx allot btw im not sure were to post this but i guesd here would be the best place

do you mean link to these forums directly? The address of the forums is forums.overclockers.ws

IP is 207.208.235.92

He means, when u go directly to www.overclockers.com and go to various parts of the site from then onwards, www.overclockers.com stays in the address bar, rather than seeing the actual URL to other pages, the actual forum address etc.

it's a good trick and I'd like to know what the code is myself too :)

If you use frames you can do that. Something like this

Code:
<frameset cols="20%,*" border="0">
<frameset rows="0,*" border="0">
<frame src="soundmk.html" scrolling="no" noresize name="sound">
<frameset rows="20%,*" border="0">
<frame src="soundlink.html" scrolling="no" noresize name="soundlink">
<frame src="area.html" noresize name="links">
</frameset>
</frameset>
<frame src="main.html" noresize name="main">

My (really crappy site) had lots and lots of frames...but you probably get the picture. When you click a link in a frame, unless you specify the target as something other than the frame it is in (note the name value) then it stays in that frame...ie doesn't touch the main page. So OC probably has one frame for the page to do this. :)

yes it true i just now see it lol they use

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<html>
<head>
<title>Overclockers.com</title>

<meta name="keywords" content="overclockers,overclocking,overclock,cooling,cpu,ram,speed,cache,fans,performance,heatsinks,peltiers,thermal,grease,sensors,case,speed,Pentium,Celeron,articles,information,processors,inexpensive,tips,techniques">
<meta name="description" content="Overclockers.com is a clearinghouse of information on pushing your system's performance to the absolute limit.">
</head>

<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame name="mainFrame" src="home.asp" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
</frameset>

</html>

pretty cool ;) but i still do not get it? even if it all in a frame? it still actualy moves you around? no?

btw i have a othere question?
lets say i have a webserv and i have a .com like www.mi6.com
that is linked to a IP and that Ip is linked to a Dir like C:\apache\mi6\webpage right? so how can i get lets say www.mi62.com to link it to the same ip but to a diferent Dir?
like C:\apache\mi62\webpage ? i use Apache now and i just whanted to kno so ppl can get there own .com ( but they have to pay:p ) if you can help me thx

do i have 2 run 2 servers ? but if i do whont the www.mi6.com DNS to the same ip and if that happends it will led you to 1 of the 2 webhost? mi6.com or mi2.com ? im lost ;P or do i apsalutly need more then one Ip and if i do.Do i have to get it from my ISP or can i get it fomr anyone btw i use FreeBSD and Apache :)

I think that you have to use apache to set up which directory is your home dir.

Not sure how to do that, though, cause I've never done it. Might try asking in Internet and Networking for help with setting up Apache, or looking for a HOWTO on it.

i was gonna say if your using internet explorer you can view the source code for this page, well unless its locked for some reason.

Back