• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Human Benchmark: Test your reaction time!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

Are you fast or are you >>> taco-fast?! But wait, don't answer yet! Run the benchmark instead!

Here's what taco scored. Definitely need G-Sync compatible monitor to take lightning reflexes to the next level!:fight::muahaha:

Oh, and don't mind that Ad underneath the score, must be something random, totally nt related to taco.:sly:

Screenshot_20200430-201543_Gallery.jpg

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Sorry forgot: link

https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

There seems to be a lot of learning involved in this. My first few runs were not great, but was able to get consistently under 200ms with a little practice. Also with a video playing next it it, even if I wasn't looking at the video, if something was said that I found interesting while the color changed, it easily added 100ms.

Video? You mean the ad? Yes sometimes it pops up. It's a Google ad, so I just click "stop ad" it asks why and I don't answer. That way it is gone and I cn run the benchmark properly without interrruptions.

nahh I mean a youtube video in another window. Just an interesting aside on the impact of multi-tasking. I thought it was particularly interesting in the context of motor vehicle operation or other skills that can require quick reaction time. It's one thing if you've "primed" the loop and are focusing fully, but I think the real world implications are more interesting, what is the reaction time in day to day when it's unexpected, or when we're not focusing 110% on the issue.

I'm not a neuroscientist, but I do think that when you perform the task a few dozen times, those neural signals get stronger and times get faster. Just a guess.

Back