• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyperthreading in Abit IT7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: Happy, happy, joy, joy.

kamilkluczewski said:
Just noticed that the bios for the IT7Max 2 and IT7 are the same!!!! This means if on has HT support after a BIOS update the other one will also!!! heheheheheh, cant wait to get home and cook my BIOS some new capabilities :D

Peace Amigos!!

Kam

Beware, the it7pcf.exe file is for the IT7-MAX2 v2.0 only!!!

I think the new BIOS for the original IT7-MAX/MAX2 will be available within a few days...

regards

R.

This is from the readme.txt file of the it7pcf.exe package:

Official BIOS release CF for IT7-MAX2 v2.0

Release information:

[ENGLISH]

1. Fills MAC Address into UUID section in DMI data to pass WHQL.
2. Show MAC Address of onboard LAN chip in System Configuration section.
3. Show "Award BIOS" on BIOS Setup Utility.(Used be "Workstation BIOS")
4. Fix Windows flash utility failed with Hyper-Threading CPU.
5. Fix "Shutdown When CPU FAN Fail" function fails when system idled
about 16 minutes under Windows 2000/XP.
6. HPT 374 BIOS Version 1.22.
7. BIOS compile Date: 11/06/2002.

So don't flash this BIOS into the 'classic' IT7-MAX or IT7-MAX2!!!

regards

R.

CROOP!!!

And once again the dissapointment sets in.

Thanks guys, i have an hour till i go home and now depression is setting in again.

:(

Kam

Come on, I think the new BIOS for the 'classic' boards is just around the corner. The previous release of the MAX2 v2.0 BIOS (ver. C7) released a few days before the 'classic' BIOS (ver. C6)...

regards

R.

Give Renwick a break! He says it will come out in a couple days/ weeks. I have this board too. I have no Hyperthreading cpu that could use it do you? Do you really? I only seen one post to the fact that they had one. It's coming, maybe for Christmas. LOL.

Still using the main ABIT main site for downloads? He! Its strange that works... and if works its really strange not to find some link errors or some BIG errors like the CF bios assigned to IT7 boards NOT v2.0.

Go to make your ABIT downloads form the real site! Go to the ABIT Q Station and then tell me how it is. :)

Back