• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i can tseem to get UDMA 100 to work... i sthere any thing special i need to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At bootup you should see how hd is being recognized. If it says UDMA 100 there but not in OS you have a OS problem.

Dont know about 3+ but latest bios for 2+ have UDMA 100 as an option in bios. Before only up to 66. But "Auto" detects it correctly, at least on mine. Now I could "force" it I guess, not tried it.

ya i noticed that... if i change that in the bois could it make my drive corrupt if i dont ahve a 100 cable or sotming? i a like 98% sure that i do... is there a way to check?:confused: :D :confused:

Probably tho I have no idea how to tell the difference. I use the cable that came with mobo. You should have the same. I guess a cable can get twisted, "corrupted" somehow, better try another to be sure - and safe!

You could also try hd on HPT controller - same as auto on VIA I guess, pick highest supported mode. When you boot press CTRL-H or something, get into HPT bios, there you see mode. Before OS have chance to screw it up, if it does.

Its possible to lower max. mode for most hds I think. Need special tools/programs. You wouldnt have done that? Check WD site.

CrashOveride said:
ya i noticed that... if i change that in the bois could it make my drive corrupt if i dont ahve a 100 cable or sotming? i a like 98% sure that i do... is there a way to check?:confused: :D :confused:
Look at the floppy cable, see how thick each wire is? An ATA 66/100/133 cable has 80 wires and they are much thinner. How do you KNOW that UDMA 5 is not on? Did you check in device mangager?

ya, i did check the software that comes with my mobo... it says it isnt... and the preformance deffeindatly isnt there either... hm.. poop i dont knwo if i want to bother:(

Back