• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I keep getting "cooptype.dll" errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
In Photoshop 5.5, Acrobat 5, and Premier 6.0, I keep getting cooltype.dll errors.

I didn't used to get them in Win 98SE, but it's not even worth all three programs to switch back to Win98's problems.

I actually had to sell Photoshop 5.5 and but 6.0 to continue working with PShop, but Premier 6.0 and Acrobat 5 (and 5.0.5) still give cooltype.dll errors, then close, each and every time I try to run them.

Does anyone know of wny solutions? Adobe isn't dumb enough to make software for Win98 only because they know almost all workstations use STABLE OS's (Win 2000, XP, XP Pro) and would want their software to work on those, the majority of, workstations.

Here's the error message for Acrobat 5.0.5.

I think I need to mention that I have 590+ fonts. I used to have 650+, but when the errors started, I thought it was related to how many I had, so I shaved it down to 590, and the errors stopped for 2-3 executions (~2 runnings of each program), then started up again.

Did you try adobe's support forums? They have pretty good support there. I found this thread that might answer your question. Did you upgrade PS 6.0 to 6.0.1? It fixes a huge memory leak in the program.

- Fade

I don't have a problem with Photoshop 6, never have since I bought it. I had a problem with PShop 5.5, Premier 6, and Acrobat 5 and 5.0.5.

Thanks for the link, but it didn't help. =(

Back