• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help, advise on secure erase my ssd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

Secure erase an ssd, sound pretty easy right, not in my case, i have 2 480gb Sandisk extreme ssd run in raid 0 at my boot drive.
Last week, i notice some thing unsually happen with my pc(gaming mouse are not very responsive, occasionally i got kick out of the game sever and window wasn't update propertly) so i think i got a virus or malware in my pc.

So, it time to SE both my ssd and do a re install of W7
At first, i try the easy way(using diskpart too) but it doesn't work.
So i try using parted magic, witch always work with my other ssd(samsung 840, intel 520)
When i try to SE my Sandisk estreme using the secure erase option in parted magic, my ssd were in a frozen state so i have to put my pc to sleep then wake up the pc so the ssd will become "un frozen" and i can start to do a normal SE
But my pc won't go to sleep so i can't SE.

Are there any other way to secure erase data on my Sandisk extreme ssd, any help is appreciated
One more thing i forgot to mention is HDDerase doe not work because HDDerase only work with 32bit window, my is window 7 64bit.

when using parted magic, unplug the power cable during POST, and plug it in as soon as parted magic starts its boot.. that should allowe it to SE.

when using parted magic, unplug the power cable during POST and plug it in as soon as parted magic starts its boot.. that should allowe it to SE.

when using parted magic, unplug the power cable during POST and plug it in as soon as parted magic starts its boot.. that should allowe it to SE.

but the thing is my pc won't go to sleep in parted magic, however it go to sleep fine in window, and if the pc won't go to sleep, the ssd can not SE because it in frozen state.

If done right (timing), it will be available to flash. Powering down the drive completely will get it out of the frozen state.

As mentioned in my.first post, have it unplugged during POST, and just as parted magic starts to load, plug it in.

Back