• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Think I Just Fried My Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supergenius74

Well i was attempting to retrieve a screw that I dropped and i think i shorted out some jumpers and now the motherboard will not power on. Its an ASUS P4T533-C and it has served me well for the past year, I have a P4 [email protected] and 768 megs of kingston pc1066. If I can't get it to work I will buying a new motherboard and want to know if anyone has any suggestions, I was thinking of getting the P4T533 and wanted to know if there is any major differnece? I'm not interested in RAID just the option of 1mhz bus adjustments that might help me get a little more out of my 2.4 chip. If anyone has any recomendations for a p4 I850 chipset mobo please let me know. thanks.

ummm you might not want to go with the p4t533... the reason being is thisw... you said you originally had the p4t533c... that motherboard runs on RDRAM pc 800 or pc 1600.... and you need to use it in pairs... (also you have 700 some mb of it)

the p4t533 indeed runs with RDRAM, but it requires pc4200 or pc3000ish something.... and runs with only one stick! so unless you want to buy a different type of ram, and scrap the 700 some you have right now... just get another p4t533c or something...

thanks for the advice

as it turns out it was just the POS power supply i was using
the mobo is fine. i find it kind of interesting that they would make two mobos named the same except for the -c and they use 2 differnt types of RDRAM. i chose RDRAM because it is great for overclocking and a year ago DDR was still a bit more expensive and dual channel DDR wasn't out yet. kudos to asus for making a good mobo that can survive such things.

Back