• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think might try Intel.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or, if you really want a P45, you might try waiting for other boards to come out. Gigabyte and ASUS should both release lower end P45s in your price range.

oh damn i see there are more p45's on new egg now.... lol i got the first one that was available...i have the p5q deluxe.....theres a 90dollar one on newegg but its msi.... and from personnel experience msi is ****....

what are the limits of overclock for the GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L

its gonna be the same as the Asus's in the this price range... P35 is able to do over 500mhz fsb but can your cpu do it is the question..

Last edited:
ofcrourse it can just lower the multi ;) its better to have a really high fsb....but now can you ram take the oc.... lol so many factors :(

Last edited:
I have the the GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2 -- two of them. I'm running Q6600s on both of them - one at 3700 and the other at 3600, both full load 24/7. If I were to accept louder, higher flow fans, both systems would probably easily clock at 3.8GHz full time. That's just my impression, as I have the machines in a warm room, unfortunately, and will not suffer loud fans. It is my impression, that at least with a G0 Q6600, the limits with the DS4 is probably the CPU's air-cooled limit, whatever that may be. I think the CPU will run out of headroom before these boards. In other words, the P35-DS4 is an outstanding board. BTW, those overclocks are with the stock, passive northbridge cooling. The heatpipe cooling works great! As far as I can tell, the EP35-DS4 and P35-DS4 are nearly the same, but with the E version having additional power saving circuitry. (if someone understands the differences better, please post)

I have the the GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2 -- two of them. I'm running Q6600 on one of them at 3700 - that's 24/7 full load. The other DS4 system is at 3600GHz, also 24/7 full load. If I were to accept louder, higher flow fans, both systems would probably easily clock at 3.8GHz full time. That's just my impression, as I have the machines in a warm room, unfortunately, and will not suffer loud fans. It is my impression, that at least with a G0 Q6600, the limits with the DS4 is probably the air-cooled limit, whatever that may be, of the CPU. In other words, the P35-DS4 is an outstanding board. BTW, those overclocks are without active northbridge coolling. The heatpipe cooling works great! As far as I can tell, the EP35-DS4 and P35-DS4 are nearly the same, but with the E version having additional power saving circuitry. (if someone understands the differences better, please post)

thats right that is the only difference between the P35 and EP35's. Basicly along with EIST/C1E working. when the board is idle it will shutdown/shutoff some of the "phases" suppling the cpu with voltage to further reduce power used. this only really applies to stock running rigs, with these features running on oced rigs can cause issues.

BTW, those overclocks are without active northbridge coolling. The heatpipe cooling works great!
The thing I hate about the DS4's cooling, is that notice the heatpipes from the NB, are right at the top of the heatsink, most of the heat isn't even going to get that far, so those heatpipes are very badly placed and thought out. And not only that, but the chipset also gets all of the heat coming from the south bridge.

My P5K's cooling may not be extravagent, but it's far more effective than the DS4's.

The thing I hate about the DS4's cooling, is that notice the heatpipes from the NB, are right at the top of the heatsink, most of the heat isn't even going to get that far, so those heatpipes are very badly placed and thought out. And not only that, but the chipset also gets all of the heat coming from the south bridge.

My P5K's cooling may not be extravagent, but it's far more effective than the DS4's.
MY GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L north bridge gets vary hot to the touch on top and i don't have any heat pipe if i did have one it would cool the top which cools the bottom.

Last edited:
Back