• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Will KA266 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
R

Rob

I have the 2 systems currently, both are similiar except one has the I-Will KA266R and one has the version w/out Raid. With the KA266 I cannot get it to run with only one Stick of Mushkin PC 2100 128mb. I tried both sticks that I have, alone, and it would not display just a long beep. However, together in DIMM 0 and 1 the computer boots up and works fine, just not with one. However, this computer is for someone else and I they need only 128 mb of Ram. Plus these sticks are expensive. ANYONE have any ideas? This is the system w/ problems>

1200 mhz T-BIRD
I-Will KA266
Mushkin 128 mb PC2100
Maxtor HD 40 G ATA100 7200 RPM
A Open DVD
A OPen CDRW

Since 4 way interleaving is not yet a function of the DDR set, no call to a bank 1 or virtual bank one should compulsate - hence - strange.

I take it you have blanked the CMOS reset jumper and got the latest BIOS running as a precaution.

Back