• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2550K OC to 3.8 little freeze's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackieboy8

Hello, I just builded my new RIG with:

Asrock H61M/U3S3
8GB 1333Mhz RAM
Intel Core i5 2550K Official Clock 3.4Ghz
Nvidia GTX550 ti 3GB

Must say Love it. Better than any other H61 mobo there is why? It has every benefit of a Z68. Sata 3, PCI-e 3rd GEN, USB 3.0 and multiplier/CPU ratio is a little unlocked with a max of 3.8Ghz. So I want that and I did set it to it and worked perfect. But now my system gives little freezes when I'm using above 3.4Ghz. Not fatal once but like 0.4 sec. But it happens 6 times a minut or something so kinda anying. My EFI bios is 1.30 and the newest on the site is 1.80 should I update that first? Or isn't it nessesary. But I'm using stock cooler and planning to buy a good new cooler in about 2-3 weeks. But al the Voltages are on Auto and I know I have to change them but I don't know where to and don't want to kill my new pc. So plz anyone??
I want to get the max of 3.8Ghz my mobo supports. THX

Just updated the UEFI Bios to 1.70 looks good new interface but still little freezes. THX

Try clearing the bios, use the clear CMOS jumper.
(note: h61 doesn't support overclocking)
Turbo-boost should work just fine though, but you just need to make sure it is enabled in the bios, don't mess with any values at this point...

Yes the H61 from assrock Does support OC but with a max of 3.8, but I fixed it. Just set it to Auto and go in Windows and open Asrock Tuning utility and OC Ratio from there to the max of 3.8. No more freezes now and it really uses 3.8Ghz I tested it and Monitored it when gaming. Just going to 70C. so bought an Cooler Master 212 Evo for in My Mac G5 CaseMod where I am building this RIG in. :D
Try clearing the bios, use the clear CMOS jumper.
(note: h61 doesn't support overclocking)
Turbo-boost should work just fine though, but you just need to make sure it is enabled in the bios, don't mess with any values at this point...

Back