• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 4690k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He was having a lot of trouble with doing attachments it would seem; both with regard to his cooler mount and his post pics.

It's quite slow for lots of applications actually more so than I'd expect it to be. It's got a lot slower over these years and wanted to see what performance I could squeeze. No, not fried :p Although I reaplied "rice" amount of thermal paste and it was nice temps few days later it was really hot again so I checked the thermal paste and had gone crusty and blotchy. I am very confused.

It's quite slow for lots of applications actually more so than I'd expect it to be. It's got a lot slower over these years and wanted to see what performance I could squeeze. No, not fried :p Although I reaplied "rice" amount of thermal paste and it was nice temps few days later it was really hot again so I checked the thermal paste and had gone crusty and blotchy. I am very confused.

sounds like the paste is a bit on the old side?

Perhaps a new tube is needed.

Back