• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-2600k and 2 GTX 560 Ti's Need Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tracekill

Registered
Hey guys, been a system builder for a good 10 years now but only recently have I started considering water-cooling my gaming build. Let me preface this post by simply stating how incredibly impressed I am that you folks seem to know the ins and outs of these systems like the backs of your hands. For whatever reason, despite my many years' experience with building PCs, troubleshooting PCs and acquiring certifications for PCs, I just can't seem to grasp how the entire water cooling system functions together. That is, I'm not yet at a level where I would be comfortable installing it. For this reason, I have decided to approach you guys, the experts, to get your advice. That being said, let me lay out my build, my uninformed attempt at a watercooling setup and let you folks have at it.

Case: NZXT Phantom White
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Video Card (x2): EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ...
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k

I would like to have both the CPU and the two GPUs water cooled. From my various readings, I've deduced that I will most likely be needing two separate loops to accomplish this. And this is where I completely lose track of how things work. For a dual-loop system, do I need two of every component except for the blocks? Do I need a dual-bay radiator? I have so many questions and as I read on I seem to only be further confusing myself. I know, from flipping through more reviews than I can count, that I want the following blocks:

CPU: Koolance CPU-370
GPU (x2): Danger Den DD-GTX560

What are your guy's suggestions on a build to connect these suckers?

Start with the stickies at the top of the page. Most of your answers are there. Don't rush it. Take your time. It's a hobby, enjoy it.

Back