• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 d0 stock voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediman

i just got an i7 d0 up and running and its started up stock at 1.26something. This seems to be higher than what other d0's i have seen run at stock. bad sign? batch is 3910a298

I've seen people with chips with claimed stock voltages this high, which innitially worried them. But, it turns out they could go all the way to 4-4.2GHz without upping the core voltage as well. You will likely be just fine, but you're going to have to test it for yourself one way or another.

Just type "stock voltage for i7 DO" into google. There's some good reads.

I've never actually checked my stock voltage, I just went right to work on this chip out of the box. I do know that I am ~+120mv on my Vcore which means that my stock voltage should be down near ~1.11v.

Last edited:
My D0 is a 3910A batch as well, and that's what my stock voltage is, 1.25 something or another...

hows yours doing? I probably won't be overclocking ne time soon. not till i ge tthe time and the balls to get my watercooling setup going. I don't even have a hard drive in the rig yet :). memtest counts as an os right?

Yeah check it because now I got lucky with my C0 but... mind defaulted to like 1.25-1.275V bios (1.31-1.34V windows load) default. I can run 3.8Ghz with HT on 1.225V bios and 1.27-1.28V load or 3.6Ghz with no HT on 1.14375 Bios or less! VID is just a general benchmark but really it doesn't seem to mean as much as it use to IMO.

Dont know what my official VID is (what program tells you? I normally get it from CoreTemp, but it wont bring it up) but I was running 1.17v stock clock. Im not at 1.21v @ 4ghz, not too shabby :D

crud. my chip is runinng 100C on stock fan under prime 95 and thermal throttling down to 19x multiplier
fail chip rma

jedi check and make sure the cooler is seated properly.

The i7 chips don't have a Vid, according to Unclewebb and others. Mine defaults to 1.15 without turbo but if I manually enter the voltage in bios, I can pass several hours of OCCT at .9375 in bios which comes to just over .92 in windows. This is with HT left on too. I can push the chip to 19x205 with 1.2v HT on and LLC on. It passes LinX no problem.

Yeah, there is a reason that it cannot be displayed in RealTemp and Coretemp.
The only way to really tell what the stock voltage of the chip is, would be to look in BIOS after setting Vcore to default. Not that it's usefull for anything besides satisfying curiosity.

reseated now im getting 85C *edited

not going to oc till i actually need more speed and switch to wc

cpuz reads 1.223v under full load

Last edited:
i have a pretty good batch 3849b i think...its the one currently selling in microcenters
arr damn i forgot my vid...will update post

but at 3.8ghz i use around 1.34v

I tried to drop the voltage a half step (auto put the voltage between to choices) and when i knocked it down a half step . . . load voltage became 1.082 instead of 1.223 . .. this dropped my temperatures 14C. I am 43 mins into LinX and all is well thusfar. I will update if the chip fails (will be testing many hours on LinX and Prime95)

I just left it stock speed and left C1E on to see how low the voltage went. At 12x multi it was down to almost .9v in windows so I figured 1.0v in bios should be a good place to start.

Back