• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 MAX 3 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qt_Gino

Registered
Well i got this kick *** rig together... i'm no longer running AMD.
I'm runnin an IC7 Max 3, 2 x 512mb ocz 4200(533mhz), pentium 4 2.6c. now my cpu is runnin at3.25ghz and stable a 1.525v but my baord is restricted to 250 mhz fsb.... anything higher and it gets unstable..... i have the latest bios and it didn't help much... any ideas as to what i can do to run at least 26mhzfsb?
I'd appreciate any help u could give... i'm really bummered out right now lol.. i thought this mobo was good but it turned out to be a dissapointment.....thx 4 any help guys..!

Well, actually 250 FSB is a pretty good O/C for a 2.6C. Don't be too quick to blame the mobo, it could be your CPU is at it's limit or the RAM needs looser timings, or you need to tweak some settings, or you need to improve cooling, or a combination of factors. It's know that the IC7 Max 3 is picky about what RAM it likes to play with and that OCZ prefers higher vdimm, so have you tried 2.8v vdimm? Do you have the last two GAT settings in the BIOS "disabled"? What is your cooling and temps? What BIOS settings have you tried? We need more info.

Well i thaught the cpu was at it's limit too but my board only did 240fsb before the new bios and now it gets 254fsb... as far as i can push it... i'm running ocz 4200 performance ram cl3 448 2.8v and my processor is at46c under load and i'm quite sure processor is fine... i've only overclocked amd before and i was quite good but it's a bit diff. with intel... what do i need to tweak???? and how do i get GAT to work??? thx 4 all and any help.... sorry i took so long to reply...

Back