• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm amazed with how much power admins have.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Herr Rogers said:
JUST READ IT, IT'S NOT A RANT. IT'S A FUNNY STORY.

I was playing 1.6 today .

Ok so you were playing it today, i understand that but

Herr Rogers said:
1338 minutes later, I went in there and started messing with the admin again under a different name to see if he did the same thing to me.

dude, 1338 minutes is over 22hours.. how could you be playing it today, having done all this stuff with annoying him/her(the admin) and then being banned for 22hours and then go back on and hes miraculously there again and annoying him again, all in one day...?

no, not all in one day. I used 1338 minutes to make it seem like I went back right when I could.

Herr, step back for a minute and look at the situation. I see your point, but try to look at the other side.

You made a joke to an admin in a private server. That admin either did not get it, or didn't care for it, and decided to have the last laugh. Its like trying to make a joke to somebody and expecting not to get a wiseass response from it. Even if you didn't mean much by your comment, its tough to distinguish between sarcasm and attitude when typing.

And consider your comment about "PWNING"?. You were preoccupied with returning to the server a full day after the fact?. I hope you didn't lose any sleep over it. :)

Last edited:
Well its obvious that he got pwned in the first place (he admits it himself), but in a funny way not really embarassing. Secondly, it was just good humour of him to return with the changed settings.

I agree Sjaak, it is pretty funny that he had his config changed after playing fire with the admin of the server. As far as returning to the server in good humor:

"1338 minutes later, I went in there and started messing with the admin again under a different name to see if he did the same thing to me."

thats just asking for it. If he had any humor, he would have used his original name to begin with. Sorry I don't buy it.

Um..don't buy it then...because I REALLY care if you believe me. I made this thread to show that admins have too much power. The reason I changed my name was so that I don't get banned right when I go in there. I guess the story could seem kind of unbelievable, but hey - don't believe me.

ohh, you almost got a tear Herr. :eek: I had my suspicions about you, and this thread just made me realize they are true.

noxqzs said:
ohh, you almost got a tear Herr. :eek: I had my suspicions about you, and this thread just made me realize they are true.
OK. I would like to take a moment and point out how contradicting you are. Were you not the one that said "its tough to distinguish between sarcasm and attitude when typing," yet you say I was almost crying? How exactly can YOU interpret what my thoughts are while I'm typing?

I should make myself a little bit more clear.

I was reffering to myself as being the one to draw tears, after your comment of....

"Um..don't buy it then...because I REALLY care if you believe me"

to basically point out that I will not lose sleep over it.

I hope you realize that, it did not meant YOU were crying. Nor was it my intention to put words into your mouth. This only proves my point how sarcasm is tough to pull off by typing.

Uhuh...and that's why you say "YOU almost got a tear Herr"? I will just nod my head and give you a win.

Hamburgler aka BK man was overheard telling police that they never would have caught him if it wasn't for shady administrators and their super powers. :p

Last edited:
my two cents... Just kick or ban. That's all that should've been done and all that should be done. no reason to do anything else! If the player seems to be a wisea$$ then just kick him. If he keeps it up, ban him. simple and easy with no problems.

dyetube said:
my two cents... Just kick or ban. That's all that should've been done and all that should be done. no reason to do anything else! If the player seems to be a wisea$$ then just kick him. If he keeps it up, ban him. simple and easy with no problems.

That's how I roll :) Exactly.

dyetube said:

Yep, thats what I think. Admins don't need anymore tools then that.

Back