• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm amazed with how much power admins have.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dyetube said:
my two cents... Just kick or ban. That's all that should've been done and all that should be done. no reason to do anything else! If the player seems to be a wisea$$ then just kick him. If he keeps it up, ban him. simple and easy with no problems.
perfect policy i think.

admin commands to change your presets *might* be useful is someone is new and having trouble doing something, the admin coudl just change it to something simple and tell them to use that. however, it would be nice if the game gave you the option to LOCK your config files to prevent admin abuse.

With the advent of micrphones in most games now, I don't see any need for an admin to do anything on your computer. They can type or tell you what you need to do. giving that can of power will alway's be an open door for someone to abuse that power and they will! I know that every once in a while it's kinda fun to see someone who obviously deserves it (such as someone tk'ing intentionally) beat up by an admin, like uber slapped, drugged, ect... but 99.9% of the time kick/ban is still the best route.

i think even banning people instantly is too much power for some admins, my entire clan got banned from a BF2 server recently on the rumor of stats padding backed up only by a screenshot of scores at the end of the round.
fortunately the other admins checked the battle recorder and the ban was quickly lifted...

You HAVE to ban some people... otherwise, they can come back in a server repeatedly! You just have to kick them at least once to make sure they realize what they were doing and give them a chance to apologize, they may not realize they werre doing something wrong. But obviously for some people it's a ban from the outset with no kicking!

Back