• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Important Need Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YMAN

Hello I have just got dsl.
I purchased a ethernet modem...and It gives all my computers internal Ip's. Is there a way to find out what Ip that the ISP is sending the modem?

I have a server that houses the website for my company and my customers cannot connect to it!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

are you looking for your ip? i dont know what os you have, but settings->controlpanel->networking and check the tcp/ip properties of your ethernet adapter. The IP and subnet mask are right there. Is that what you're asking?

you may run into problems with your IP.
With DSL every time you connect or get disconnected and reconnect you get a new IP..

Unless you have a static IP.

sorry bud unfortunatly most dsl modems which are really bridging routers will the dsl connection after a inactivity timeout the reestablish it once you start to snd to external ip's the problem is every time it dose this your ip will change some times several times a day you need to call the dsl company and arrange to get a static ip it usualy costs more

Type "winipcfg" in a run box. Unless you're using a router. Then go to a place like dslreports.com and go to the security section and in some of the tests you can find your ip. Or you could telnet or whatever (however you access your router's config) and there's probably a place where it tells you what it's external and internal network ips are.

it only takes about five to tenseconds to sign on to the dsl network so it gives the impression of full time connectivity its called dial on demand routing also it wouldent mattter if he could find out the ip he has now because it will change once a day ore even more often if you reley on this server to make a living it is worththe mony to upgrade to a static ip

Back