• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing F@H as a service without admin priv's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

Ok, i need to install F@H as a service on school comps. To install anything on them u have to be an admin and i'm not. Is there anyway around this and to still be able to install it as a service i need help ASAP. This is the backup plian incase he won't give me admin rights to do it.

Well, this is the wrong forum for this question... This is a windows software question, and it applies to the folding team, so either of those two forums would fit better. If you would have gone to the folding forum you would see the thread that says "GET PERMISSION FIRST"

If you are not permitted to install F@H, then you should not be putting it on the school computers.

No it's not that i'm not allowed it is that he dosn't want the chance of "me" or one of my freinds that will so be using the acount to leave the password some where so that others will find it. I have his permission to put it on just he said he will have to think about the admin rights. He said if i can find a way around the admin rights then go 4 it. So that is what i'm trying to do.

I know ur going to say to have him do it but i need a large number of comps up tommorow to start folding 4 my team so........they r really needed. As was said this is just a back up plain in case he won't allow me to have an admin acount.

Why doesn't he just create a new account with admin rights, give you the password, let you get the software installed, then remove said account? That way, you don't have the real admin password, and even if someone else did find out about it, it won't do them any good.

Back