• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing HP LaserJet 1200, Better to install CD then update or just install update?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cytomax

Installing HP LaserJet 1200, Better to install CD then update or just install update?

Hello all i am connecting a 3 year old HP LaserJet 1200 printer using the LPT to a Windows 2003 Standard Server running as the Domain Controller on a 5 client network using Win XP Pro... I would like to know if you guys think i should install it using the old cd that came with the printer then update the drivers or just install it with the updated drivers?

Is one way better than the other?

I have a choice between PCL 5e or PCL 6 drivers... i am just going to be printing lots of text which do you guys recommend?

The updated driver is only 4 megs so i am thinking that i should install the CD because i would imagine it comes with special features then apply the update.

Thanks in Advance
Eddie

I doubt that the cd drivers would support Windows 2003, so I would just install the hardware, windows should pick up it being PNP and then install the microsoft drivers for it. Then download and install the updated ones.

Back