• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel multiplier locked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

Is it true that all p4 are multiplier locked, can only be overclocked by changing the fsb. Theres no tricks at all.
Thanks

All production P-4 CPU's are indeed multiplier locked. No way to unlock them either. But don't worry, it's not needed. Get a motherboard that allows you to lock the PCI bus and you can O/C the FSB to your heart's content. It really is not a handicap at all. There are a few Engineering Sample (ES) P-4's that have unlocked multiplier, but those are not available to the general public.

I get you now, so instead of runing per say my p4 cpu stock 12x133, I could try 12x200.

elec999 said:
I get you now, so instead of runing per say my p4 cpu stock 12x133, I could try 12x200.

Yeah, except there is no desktop P-4 that has default settings of 12X133.

Last edited:
Basically there is no need for multi adjustments with now-a-day hardware because of ram deviders and PCI/AGP locks.

Kinda of a shot to intel's non overclocking plot. Ha.

Back