• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel to Release New Flagship i7-2700K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice! For me anyways, I just sold my 2600k build and was going to build another 2600k but I guess I'll wait!

Meh, beat us to it by an hour :p

It's more or less the same info (we do link to it), but there's little info out there about it so far. Just thought the readers here would like to know about it :)

I'm definitely in the Intel camp since Core2Duo came out...but isn't this a pretty obvious money grab? Unless these are fabbed better than the previous 2600k's the end result should be exactly the same for people who buy these with the intent of overclocking, right?

I'm definitely in the Intel camp since Core2Duo came out...but isn't this a pretty obvious money grab? Unless these are fabbed better than the previous 2600k's the end result should be exactly the same for people who buy these with the intent of overclocking, right?
Yes and no, I don't think anyone who currently has a 2500k or especially a 2600k would be upgrading to a 2700k, as they will (almost guaranteed) have the same level of randomness when it comes to a maximum attainable multiplier. I look at it the same way that they released the 920->930 for the i7 1366 chips, discontinuing the 920 for the 930 at the same price that the 920 was at.

Hope it have a higher multi wall otherwise the 2700k is just the same as the 2600k other than a higher stock clock...at a higher price of course, clever marketing.

General consensus seems to be that it will fill the price point of the 2600 K and the 2600 K will drop in price.

So, at worst, this might just make 2600K more affordable.

What would make it special, and stand out from the bunch would be more cache :drool:

That and a stock clock of 4k, with close to 5k or more oced with just 1.375 would be super. But I like cache...

Meh, beat us to it by an hour :p

It's more or less the same info (we do link to it), but there's little info out there about it so far. Just thought the readers here would like to know about it :)

longer then an hour, i posted it at 9/11/2011@1:24pm. it got posted to the front page the next day at 3pm-ish. :)

but yea another K cpu doesnt make much sense right now. intel has more things going on with SB-E around the bend, another K is just a grab for more money it seems.

longer then an hour, i posted it at 9/11/2011@1:24pm. it got posted to the front page the next day at 3pm-ish. :)

but yea another K cpu doesnt make much sense right now. intel has more things going on with SB-E around the bend, another K is just a grab for more money it seems.

Oh yeah, I didn't check the date :p

I'll be picking up a 2700K when they are released for the hell of it. I want to see what they can do.

+1 to a new stepping. I want higher OC's and higher multipliers with less vcore.

Back