• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel to Release New Flagship i7-2700K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm just hoping the new stepping/revision will be better bins than 2600K because, in all honesty, your odds of getting a golden chip are very slim (golden chip to me is 5.8GHz and up).

Here's to hoping :beer:

The only thing I can imagine is that maybe since they will be a new stepping/chip that it may be able to do that, but I highly doubt you will get a higher % of higher multi chips from the 2700k (although for you I hope so)

The only thing I can imagine is that maybe since they will be a new stepping/chip that it may be able to do that, but I highly doubt you will get a higher % of higher multi chips from the 2700k (although for you I hope so)

Yeah, I highly doubt it as well. It's pretty much just wishful thinking. I think the odds of getting a golden chip stay the exact same. Even if the chances do go up, it'd be by such a minor amount... :-/

Oh man, if you can get on-average a 55-56x chip I'll be buying one immediately and selling off my 2600k.

Not much in and of itself. The only way these will be consistently or even markedly better is id they were multi checke...one bin up doesn't make a better chip when 99% of 2600k's will bin to 2700k.

Not much in and of itself. The only way these will be consistently or even markedly better is id they were multi checke...one bin up doesn't make a better chip when 99% of 2600k's will bin to 2700k.

Great way to put it. That actually makes great sense.

So sad... so sad, I was really hoping for a better binned stepping. Or anything to increase options of getting a great chip. I think it's just the nature of the Sandy Bridge game. It is truly a gamble.

It's less of a gamble when you just buy a 2500k used that you know overclocks well cough cough feel free to sell me your chip when you buy the 2700k lol :)

Back