• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Disconnection Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

willkill1337

My friend is on Telewest 1mb/s ADSL and has a USB modem. He uses it to connect to the internet on his PC and uses CAT5 crossover cable from the PC and internet connection sharing to play online PS2 games. He can do both at the same time. However, after say 1 hour of doing both, his modem resets itself and then the computer gets disconnected from the Internet and the PS2 also gets disconnected. He checked for viruses and spyware and nothing came up. Also I made him check his incoming/outgoing transfer speeds at Idle and there was nothing clogging up his bandwidth.

I don't know if anyone has a solution on how to solve his problem but it would be most appreciated.

The model is Motorola SB5100 Surfboard cable modem and it doesn't overheat nor does it cut out after an hour anyway. The hour was just an approximate measurement before both disconnected.

Back