• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R3v3lation

Registered
the last few weeks my hard drive has been making a weird noise sometimes... every now and then it would make a noise that sounded kind like the sindle was smacking against the side of the hard drive, kind of a metal on metal clinking sound. Whenever that happened the computer would freeze and I would restart. it only happened a few times and I thought it was better.

This morning it did it again but this time when I restarted it kept doing it and on the fourth time is gave me the prompt to insert a boot disk, like as if I had just formatted. I tried putting in a disk(partition magic disk 1) but it just froze after a couple second, not even loading the program...

Is my hard drive dead and un-usable? is it usable but too unstable to recommend using? has this happened to others?

Back