• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the soyo kt400 ultra platinum temp guage accurate ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DipStickTony

My setup is in my sig, the main question is.

Im running a agoia y 2013 1600+ @ 166 fsb, 1.8 volts
The chip is cooled by a thermalright sk-7, with a 84 cfm tornado on it. Im mounting the heatsink with regular thermal paste, and have reapplied paste/remounted heatsink around 5 times. When I lift off the heatsink a square inprint is left the same size as the cpu core.

My bios reads:
Case temp: 28c
Cpu External Temp: 36c
Cpu On Die Temp: 39c *When first booting*
Cpu On Die Temp: 59c! *After running 3d games*

Is the temp guage way off, or do I suck at mounting my heatsink ???

**No other overclocking of my computer is involved

My temps are about the same. The reading in bios is the on die probe. While the only one that can be read in OS is the socket one.

DipStickTony said:
My setup is in my sig, the main question is.

Im running a agoia y 2013 1600+ @ 166 fsb, 1.8 volts
The chip is cooled by a thermalright sk-7, with a 84 cfm tornado on it. Im mounting the heatsink with regular thermal paste, and have reapplied paste/remounted heatsink around 5 times. When I lift off the heatsink a square inprint is left the same size as the cpu core.

My bios reads:
Case temp: 28c
Cpu External Temp: 36c
Cpu On Die Temp: 39c *When first booting*
Cpu On Die Temp: 59c! *After running 3d games*

Is the temp guage way off, or do I suck at mounting my heatsink ???

**No other overclocking of my computer is involved

those temps are ok for a system that is that oc'ed without water cooling.on the amd site it says that the xp line can take up to 90c.
my daughters xp1800 with amd cooler runs at around 50 on warm days,and my xp1700(145fsb) runs at around 43 or 44 on warm days while gaming,the fsb and voltage tweaks you have will create alot more heat,59 seems ok to me while gaming. :)

Last edited:
Back