• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a card in between the AMD 7850 and the AMD 7700 in performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

im looking to upgrade from my 9500 gt and im kind on a budget. here are some plans for you. ive been looking to get a really good card. but im short on cash per week. i could get the 7850 and spend the majority of my paycheck and be broke for 2 weeks or i could buy a 7700. so i was wondering if you guys suggested anything that would meet in the middle. im looks to say run skyrim on ultra over 30 fps lets shoot for that

1. i buy a 7700 for now and then buy another eventually and crossfire them.

2. i buy the 7850 which is taking a step in the direction of a top of the line card maybe eventually get a second card.

3. there another option one of you can suggest.

Then there's also the 6950, if you can find a good deal. Could check ebay for a second hand card that is refference design and is verified to be unlockable to 6970. It will draw more power though, so check if your PSU will handle it.

The major third party manufacturers for AMD are releasing variants of the 7850 to satisfy users that require a graphics card that has the performance between an 7770 and 7850. Sapphire for example are introducing an 7850 1gb graphics card and will retail at around £160. Sadly there is no indication that AMD are going to release a 7830 or 7790 card, but with the Nvidia 660 around the corner, it may have the effect of finally reducing the prices of the 7850 to £140 - £160. Unfortunately with a weaker Pound against the Dollar and Asian currencies the graphic card prices will stay artifically high.

Back