• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to force a "send" of completed W/U's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Larry Quinn

I have a bunch of W/U's completed, and need to take a system down for a bit, is there a way to force the completed w/u's to send in for the credit before I shut it down?

I'd hate to loose all those credits.

Thanks
Larry

On a related topic (and this is posted elsewhere), I have a profile set up that only allows .0001 GB of space so that it will refuse to download more. When I am phasing out a machine, I switch it to this profile so that it will finish all of its downloaded WU's without getting more. Then I update so that it sends in the completed ones, detach and uninstall. That makes a clean exit with no dangling WU's.

[EDIT: oooh, i just got a star LOL]

Last edited:
You can also have it send completed work units immediately upon completion (assuming you have an always-on internet connection) by doing the following:
Click start->program files->startup
RIGHT click on BOINC and select properties
Add: -return_results_immediately to the end of the 'Target' box.

The full contents of the target box should look roughly like this, quotes included:
"C:\Program Files\BOINC\boinc_gui.exe" -min -return_results_immediately

Back