• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is whocrashed a good app

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Just wanting to know if whocrashed is a good app to determine issues with BSOD's also wanting to know if ene.sys is actually an aura sync file or if its a windows OS file. (Getting mixed results on google).

Cheers,

Bandit.

In my experience, tools like WhoCrashed are not always helpful in troubleshooting. All systems in a computer are so integrated and interdependent that what WhoCrashed reports may only be at the end of a chain with multiple links leading to the real problem. It's like referred pain in the body. Where you hurt may not be where the problem is. For example, I can have pain in the scapula (shoulder blade) but the real cause is in the neck where a nerve is being pinched that goes to the scapula.

Last edited:
Crud this isn't sounding good. I had an issue the other day where I went to shutdown my PC and was not at home. Came home and found the system still powered but the display had gone off. Had to shutdown with the power on the system.Went back in and used a BSOD viewer that was claiming it was a file I had problems with in the past the lead me to believe that specific file wasn't actually the root cause. Tried whocrashed which lead me to ene.sys file which the internet is saying is to do with the aura sync app. So I uninstalled that app and manually removed the file keeping a backup that I can restore just incase. That issue has not occured again yet and I have read online people having issues with the aura sync/asrock rgb software causing BSOD's and issues on their system. After months of trying to get my system working properly its looking pretty good. Just this small hiccup so wanting to correct the issue now. I am quite happy with my system and with my 2700x on the way super eager to get this machine rendering and gaming on a regular basis now. Not to mention stream gaming while im out of the house.

There are people on this site who fix PCs for a living who don't have as much trouble as you do with your PCs, TB...what gives? :p

Like trents, I don't touch those apps... they can be more trouble than they are worth.

Edit: why do you have aura installed on an asrock motherboard (signature) btw? Asrock has Polychrome Sync..

I have alot of tech computers/tablets/mobile phones lol (also alot of bad luck).

I mean I have installed the RGB software from the ASRock website that comes with the B450M Steel Legend.

Back