• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's Metroid month at Nintendo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Many of you may know that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is being released later this month. What some of you may not know is that Nintendo has just released a channel regarding the release!

Dust off that Wiimote, fire up that ol' Wii and head on over to the WiiWare Section of the Wii Shop Channel, and give it a download, it's free! There's a demo movie, a gameplay movie, and a little scratch and reveal thingy that's kinda neat. Also, there are two more videos being released on the 13th of this month.

In other Metroid news, Nintendo has also announced that the original Metroid for the NES is heading to the Virtual Console on the 13th of this month, and Super Metroid is heading to the VC on the 20th. Not really shocking, but still nice to know, y'know?

I'll be picking up both Metroid games on the VC and MP3: Corruption on the release date. Booyeah!

it's cool to release the VC games...I downloaded the Wii ware channel. It's nice to see nintendo actually push content like previews....I never thought they'd do anything like that. However I was done with it in 5mins. I'm wondering when there are going to be original wii ware games....if ever.

Man I love the Wii. If only I hadn't sold my French model. I could be playing French Metroid. :)

xbiker321 said:
I have a Will but never plugged it up online, is it worth it? I also don't use xbox live for my 360.

Worth it isn't really a term I'd use for Nintendo's online model, not because it's bad, but because it's free. Just turn it on and go. Free online play for games that support it and now they're finally starting to utilize the WiiWare channel for something other than retarded crap like the Everybody Votes channel. Plus you can do all the basic stuff like trade Miis and send messages and pictures and things like that (Crana just sent me a pic the other day, as a matter of fact ;)). If you have the equipment to get it online, why not do it? What do you have to lose?

Honestly, Nintendo needs to do more of this type of advertising thing. A free download with nifty movies and gameplay videos and whatnot, and news of corresponding VC releases. That's the type of stuff they should've been doing from the get-go with the WiiWare channel.

blueswitch said:
it's cool to release the VC games...I downloaded the Wii ware channel. It's nice to see nintendo actually push content like previews....I never thought they'd do anything like that. However I was done with it in 5mins. I'm wondering when there are going to be original wii ware games....if ever.

Yeah, it wasn't terribly interactive or anything, but it was still something cool that they did, I think. As for WiiWare games, I think it was stated at E3 that early next year would see original content on the WiiWare channel.

rainless said:
Man I love the Wii.

Who are you, and what have you done with Rainless?!

rainless said:
Man I love the Wii. If only I hadn't sold my French model. I could be playing French Metroid. :)

I have to agree with oni...

who the hell are you, and how did you get rainless's password for the forums???!

is rainless the resident wii-hater? :p

I actually love my wii as well. got it working with my new wireless network, and spent quite a while reading some of the latest news :D (then promptly started resident evil 4)

Two new videos yesterday. One outlining the Aurora bio-computers (with suspicious links to the Mother Brain . . . interesting . . .) and one demoing the Spiderball upgrade for the Morph Ball that looked all kinds of epic win.

Two more videos on the 16th!

Hahaha. I love to see you getting excited. Where the hell you been anyway? Ain't seen you around...

I finally managed to land one of those 'job' things that I keep hearing everybody talk about. It kinda eats up my posting time ;)

Super Metroid on the 20th? I really want to play it, but I'm gonna be playing Bioshock in what little free time I have! Grad school is kickin my ***.

Oni said:
Many of you may know that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is being released later this month. What some of you may not know is that Nintendo has just released a channel regarding the release!

Dust off that Wiimote, fire up that ol' Wii and head on over to the WiiWare Section of the Wii Shop Channel, and give it a download, it's free! There's a demo movie, a gameplay movie, and a little scratch and reveal thingy that's kinda neat. Also, there are two more videos being released on the 13th of this month.

Havent got that channel here in the UK, must be a US/Canada only thing.

Back