• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my 1600+ agoia0226 Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
Got class to attend to today, but this afternoon, I'll empty out all my pci slots and do some preliminary testing on my Epox 8kha+ and let you all know how it turns out.

Anyone in the San Diego or surrounding areas have a kt333 motherboard I might be able to test it on? My 8kha+ should perform well, but might not get as high as a kt333 board with a 1/5 pci divider.

I've got a kt333 mobo you're welcome to use but I'm on the East Coast.

Good luck with your chip.

Just booted up at 155*10.5, 1.75v vcore. Been running seti about 5 mins and my cpu temp is up to 38c. All looks good. I'm going to run 3dmark simultaneously in a min, then shut down for the evening cuz I get to go out and have some tasty pasta and do a little drinking at a friends house.

I'll have more tests tomorrow afternoon.

Testing it out at 160*10.5 with 1.8v vcore. half an hour burn in in sandra and seti and I'm on to 166Mhz.

NOW: 10.5*166, 1.8v, 43C under load the last 30 mins. PCI bus seems to be holding still at 42Mhz. Almost time to test out 170Mhz bus.

Last edited:
Emericana said:
i say unloc it so you dont curupt your hardrive

Got myself a 92mm fan blowing directly on the hard drive, so I'm hoping that will help out a bit.

Hard drive corruption is fixable, right? I mean, a format solves the problem, yes?

yeah a format or just a windows 2000/xp repair usally works fine. sometimes you might get coruption but if you clock back down it allows you to boot ok.... good luck.

Krusty on the 8KHA+ driver disk there is a copy of Norton Ghost. If you have a second drive you can ghost your OS to the second drive and if you get coruption you can restore the OS in about 10 min. Check it out

What you using for cooling qwerty? I noticed you got your 1600 up to 2Ghz. Impressive. I'm working my way up there. At the moment, I'm testing out 170fsb, 1800Mhz. I just discovered that my BIOS does not know what kind of XP that is too. It went from 2000+ to just saying what speed it runs at. Looks like I just hit 2100+!

Burn in being done right now. Perhaps I'll do some memory benchmarks too since I'm running 2x256 corsair pc2400 memory at turbo settings 340Mhz.

Tismedt, I already have ghost installed and keep an image on my drive to use instead of reformatting. Unfortunately, I only have one drive (3 partitions). If any corruption does occur, I'm going straight for my image to hopefully take care of things.

I have the exact same chip as you do Krusty, and right now I'm running it at 175 FSB at 1.85 vcore and 2.65 DDR. I know it can go higher, but I haven't tried yet. Might need better RAM though.

wtf is with this? I'm at some 340Mhz DDR right now and my memory bandwidth benchmark sucked more than kt266a at default!

EDIT: D'oh! For some reason, after resetting my cmos, my memory was set back to pc1600, so while everything else was running at 170Mhz, the memory was only running at like 113! Now I'm outperforming some pc2700 modules, but the computer won't boot at 170Mhz. I have it turned down to 160 for the evening. I'll push it a bit more later.

NOTE: I have yet to find the max of this chip either. Perhaps it's unlocking time.

Last edited:
Back