• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hm ... then prime is no good rig performanse tester
why most people use it for testing their machines

(HR)Titan said:
Hm ... then prime is no good rig performanse tester
why most people use it for testing their machines

so what do u suggest that is better than prime95?

stable for me is running battlefield 1942 3 hours straight. My pc might not be prime stable for 24 hours but Im not trying run anything that intense

Running games is one the most demanding processes you can throw at your PC with 3d CAD modeling/ rendering on top of that. If your computer's not stable you will cause damage sooner or later.
To check mine out I follow the aforementioned Prime 95 for 24 and then a good dose of SiSandra's burn-in for another 24. I will also run the 3d marks to check the AGP stabilty. If all passes I can confidentially up the settings and maybe get a bit more out of her or crank up a game and have at it.

I agree.When i run Battrlefield 1942 and check my performance the cpu will go up to 100% and thats when im not in a major battle so when im in a jet or going head to head with about 20-40 guys it really stresses the cpu im sure.So i guess im kinda contradicting myself when i said that i rely more on ram than cpu. :eek:

Here is a question that has soo many variables that it might be hard to tell what could be the issue.It seems like my pc takes a lil longer to start than some of my buddies, when windows is starting up the green bar will scroll across about 28 times before getting to the welcome screen.how many times does it scroll for you guys?Ive heard that having Norton internet security and antivirus can cause this but im wondering if its due to having my pc overclocked too high.

the time your os takes to boot is the drivers being loaded and all parts of your os that are on auto .you can turn some of these off to speed up the os.there are settings for a gaming rig at blackviper.com that should help with your boot time,plus if u can find bootvis from MS it helps speed up the way your os loads things.hope that helps ya polargoat.

Back