• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Won't be long before you have you coils of copper inside a cooler with DICE in the cooler and anti-freeze for sure in your water. Then Polar winter has returned. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.
Interesting you say that Gonester, I used to make beer from time to time before the wife put an end to it, because it smells the whole house up when cooking the wort....I still have a copper coil chiller like this and was thinking of doing something like that.

Capture3.PNG

Interesting you say that Gonester, I used to make beer from time to time before the wife put an end to it, because it smells the whole house up when cooking the wort....I still have a copper coil chiller like this and was thinking of doing something like that.

attachment.php

Once you open a can of worms it is said you can hardly get the top back on the container. Now we have really got you thinking. Hehehe. You are >>> :welcome:

RGone...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Once you open a can of worms it is said you can hardly get the top back on the container.
I can imagine where this will lead if done.

EDIT: Is it or is it very difficult to overclock DDR2 Ram while trying to keep the Cpu Mhz around the same speed?

Last edited:
I htink if I were already buying the DICE I might as well use it in a pot.and just skip the inbetween stuff

With a good mobo and cpu with unlocked multiplier it is no more of a problem than we face today.
RGone...
I guess it depends on the Cpu also no? Reason being with the Athlon II the memory dividers are dependent on the Cpu multiplier as well as the Ram multiplier, no? For instance if I'm running the max multi on the Athlon which is 15, the Ram divider at 800 mhz is Cpu/8 if it's at 667 it's cpu/9. My issue is this I was able to run pi fast at a max clock cpu speed of 250*15=3750 where my ram was at 468.75*2=937.5. I am just having a tough time trying to get the ram speed up a bit more without making a huge jump to say like 1000 mhz and keep the Cpu near 3750.
1090 worked out too !
Awesome

I guess it depends on the Cpu also no? Reason being with the Athlon II the memory dividers are dependent on the Cpu multiplier as well as the Ram multiplier, no? For instance if I'm running the max multi on the Athlon which is 15, the Ram divider at 800 mhz is Cpu/8 if it's at 667 it's cpu/9. My issue is this I was able to run pi fast at a max clock cpu speed of 250*15=3750 where my ram was at 468.75*2=937.5. I am just having a tough time trying to get the ram speed up a bit more without making a huge jump to say like 1000 mhz and keep the Cpu near 3750.

That is part of why I said the cpu made a difference for sure. Using an 'even' multiplier and not an "odd" multiplier does not give quite that strange a ram speed result. And for sure with that older tech there was never the option for 1 to 1 ram speed as all was talked about with earlier Intel cpus.
RGone...

That is part of why I said the cpu made a difference for sure. Using an 'even' multiplier and not an "odd" multiplier does not give quite that strange a ram speed result. And for sure with that older tech there was never the option for 1 to 1 ram speed as all was talked about with earlier Intel cpus.
RGone...

i was going nuts this morning, trying to find a combo where the CPU was near 3750 and the Ram was a bit higher. I have a link with tables broken down by ram multi but getting both the Cpu and Ram where I wanted is difficult at best. I think you're the one that gave me the link many moons ago gonester.

Nice one Mandrake! :thup:

I know you haven't used more extreme methods yet (That I know of) but I can say even without them, you can do alot more than many would think IF your setup is done right.
Thanks Doc I appreciate it, I had a feelin that one would be right up your alley. The sub ambient water is as extreme as I have gone so far. I kind of like the challenge, not that going to DICE/LN2 isn't. I just like picking off the guys using the extreme cooling when I'm on H2O with my runs. :)

Thanks Doc I appreciate it, I had a feelin that one would be right up your alley. The sub ambient water is as extreme as I have gone so far. I kind of like the challenge, not that going to DICE/LN2 isn't. I just like picking off the guys using the extreme cooling when I'm on H2O with my runs. :)

Ya there's abit of satisfaction to that1

Back