• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Juts one of those chips. a bowwow as Rgone explained :p

You know I HATE to say it but some of these cpus are just too painful to bear. I agree finesse is better than ballpeen hammer, but too many have shown how bad of an intel cpu "they" had for use. And every downsize in silicon just makes it worse it seems. No room to get rid of the heat and connections so close together that the least error in building cpu makes for slow.

Good luck when you take out the silk coated dead blow hammer in your next round of testing.

RGone...

You should be running an AMD system Silver. :shrug:

You gotta try new things ...... I can't speak for Silver but me personally, you won't see me give up AMD for Intel based on what I have seen from my 4770K. That might be a real unfair statement considering I have all of about 6 hours over the last 3 weeks to play with it though I might keep one around to play with for benches and such.

You gotta try new things ...... I can't speak for Silver but me personally, you won't see me give up AMD for Intel based on what I have seen from my 4770K. That might be a real unfair statement considering I have all of about 6 hours over the last 3 weeks to play with it though I might keep one around to play with for benches and such.
That's just it though Bassnut. You probably have already found your max in that 6 hours and it's done.

There really is no debate. Intel is kicking AMD's rear in nearly every benchmark and game. PC's will always out perform consoles simply for the fact that the hardware will always be behind the times in a console. Yes, many game titles get optimized for consoles, but PC's always catch-up later and surpass them.

Northern Maine has been on a long cold streak.
Seems its approaching end point although sustaining warmer temps may be alittle early.

Instead of throwing xxx2.xx$ @ accomplishing 3d video, i threw $50 @ it.
Something tells me this may have been a waste. Anyway will be time passer and interesting attempt/learning.
<---tracking--->

Price versus performance?

I believe this used to be a valid argument. In fact it's the reason I've owned AMD for the last 15 years. However, with AMD's push for APU's and mobile CPU's they's almost fallen off the face of the performance earth. Business-wise I think it's a smart move, but does little for the enthusiast. Don't get me wrong some of the top end FM2's are doing fine, but no where near the performance of the newer i7's.

The good ole debate
AMD vs. Intel
PC vs. Console gaming

I am disappointed in myself, having not configured an intel i7 as to date.

How was Montreal Johan?

Thanks for asking Eagle but I leave tomorrow morning for the big show. Hopefully all goes well and I can represent OCF to the best of my ability.

You should be running an AMD system Silver. :shrug:

I have considered this many times before, but I stuck with Intel since I have everything here for an Intel rig...

I do want to toy with a new system at some point this year. AMD for sure, gotta try out both sides of the table right?
Any chip I can push to be close to an 3570K in gaming? or at least not bottleneck my X-Fire?
Apple to oranges maybe :shrug:

I miss the days where I toyed with my Duron. Much more enjoyable than this 3570K - set some Vcore, multiplier and done... lame :-/

I have considered this many times before, but I stuck with Intel since I have everything here for an Intel rig...

I do want to toy with a new system at some point this year. AMD for sure, gotta try out both sides of the table right?
Any chip I can push to be close to an 3570K in gaming? or at least not bottleneck my X-Fire?
Apple to oranges maybe :shrug:

It's frustrating isn't it? My 3770k runs things so well I never saw the need to overclock it! But I bought this FX for the sole purpose of overclocking. It's been so long....I need to run some comparison benchmarks. I'm not certain how high I need to take this thing to compare to the i7.

I miss the days where I toyed with my Duron. Much more enjoyable than this 3570K - set some Vcore, multiplier and done... lame :-/

It's frustrating isn't it? My 3770k runs things so well I never saw the need to overclock it! I bought this FX for the sole purpose of overclocking again. I need to run some comparisons so I can see how high I need to take this before it can compare to the i7.

Back