• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well something is off then,I've used it over 3 different Crosshairs and it seems to work for me. There's always AISuite, just install turboV

It should be the latest version, just downloaded it off amd yesterday...
I really don't any answers for you then, I just opened it up to check and see and it worked fine. What about using Ai Suite? Note though, Ai Suite is known to cause issues, I can personally attest to it. My CHV when Ai Suite is installed, will not shut down without hitting and holding the power button on the case. When using "shut down" in windows it will close windows but the fans and rest of the rig will stay running.

If you revert it back to the original clocks that usually helps with that Manny. I have the same problem with it but typically it's a crash as well so no chance to change TurboV back

If you revert it back to the original clocks that usually helps with that Manny. I have the same problem with it but typically it's a crash as well so no chance to change TurboV back
Not with me, it was happening with me even at stock. Remember way back when I first bought the CHV I was having this issue every time I went to shut the Pc off? I think it was C/D that found out that it was possibly Ai Suite and as soon as I un-installed it my issues went away.

Remember a year ago when I asked about the weird shutdown restart with the Intel. That turned out to be it's problem too.

Kk, I'll give ai suite a try a little later today.

I don't know if you caught what they said earlier but Ai Suite installs in 'sections' or parts. You want the Turbo Section for overclocking. Not the whole thing because it is a pain come time to UNinstall the entire suite. Well can be tougher to UNinstall.

RGone...

EDIT:
I had left and came back to the post to write this. Ai Suite can be such a pain, that I suggest not really installing it unless there is "nothing" left to do. I would overclock in bios since it seems better to most and you are not likely going for a world record and cannot boot windows at some hugely elevated cpu speed.
END EDIT.

RGone...

EDIT:
I had left and came back to the post to write this. Ai Suite can be such a pain, that I suggest not really installing it unless there is "nothing" left to do. I would overclock in bios since it seems better to most and you are not likely going for a world record and cannot boot windows at some hugely elevated cpu speed.
END EDIT.
Also true, I only use AI Suite or Overdrive on my benching rigs, for daily Oc's Bios!

I know that dyckah is working at becoming a bench team member. So a suggestion to you D, use a second HDD/SSD for benching. Anything will do cause you're going to ruin your OS it's not a matter of if but when.

Picture 137.jpg

my very first ddr3 memory kit, probably 5 years old.
been running the dual core Athlon x2.
had never bothered to verify memory timings. 2 x 2gb kit.

new windows tech build 10158 updates.

debating $$$'s for air conditioner window unit, versus water cooling valved manifolds, versus air ducting.

warm in northern maine today.

Looks like a decent set of ram. How are those 290s working out for ya.

great johan.
tks again.

temps seem a lot higher on those 290's.
ive just been running one of them for now.
assume the same board issue remains with crossfire.
removed the second 290 because was obvious it was powered up, cooling fan was spinning.
did some just basic gaming, not fps, the other night. no crash or error even at 2400mhz.
good 4 hours or more.

temps sure seem border line just all around humid and warm.
most good 9 weeks of this weather I would assume.
of course assumptions are worst kind of errors.
lol.

air conditioner doubles as low output dehumidifier?
I have 2 digital humidity gauges here, stay upwards of 50% humidity give or take.
take a shower or start the kitchen dishes humidity can easily go upwards of 60%.
rainy type drizzle day outdoors with windows open humidity can upwards 70%.

I haven't talked to RGone in seems awhile, this type of weather has him in my thoughts.

not sure why that pic loads slow top to bottom from here. pic of that Kingston memory.
had trouble uploading it and resizing.

Well I can't stress enough the troubles that humidity can cause if you're using "cold" water. If you go way back like page 10-20 ish you'll find my adventures .Had a couple close calls and lukily never killed anything. Make sure you address the back of the board too. When the cpU is cold so is the board so spread some vaselinr around the CPU area or cover everything with nail polish whatever floats your boat but it NEEDS to be done.

yeah a couple weeks back I looked in the cooling section, :; liquid tape, heavy paper towel, nonporous neoprene, kneaded artist eraser.
on my list aswell ^

of course my list is very long. that's rather easy part.

dielectric grease

Last edited:
This^^^ I find the cold water can be worse in the summer because it just condensates and doesn't freeze like when going DICE and Ln2. So it will just start dripping while you're running, in most cases when you're going DICE/Ln2 it will stay frozen until you're finished benching.

problem as humidity or condensation, kinda one in the same, became obvious to me along time back using ss phase change cooler.
attempt 24/7 rig as beginner and get a drip on gpu.
not fun actually

problem as humidity or condensation, kinda one in the same, became obvious to me along time back using ss phase change cooler.
attempt 24/7 rig as beginner and get a drip on gpu.
not fun actually
I hear ya and drip drip on the Gpu is not so good!

I knew I could find the pic. The hoses are wrapped in insulation and I cut a block of foam to fit tight around the water block to keep air fom getting to the CPU area. Then I wrap any exposed metal on the block with a rag

P1210892.JPG

great idea there.
looks almost as phase change nozzle.

that's kinda direction I was going to go with cooling valved water manifold.
just bypass the radiator with the valves and add ice to the coleman cooler.
now I realize, these warmer ambient temps creating larger temp difference create condensation very quick.
:thup::thup::thup:
insulation really make a lot of difference in situation.

was just want to tell you, in comparison 290 to even crossfired 7870's.
could run 7870's most any graphics settings in counter strike global offensive and game play seemed rather similar.

with the single 290 I had to increase graphics settings to get even decent game play.
was only very quick comparison with the 290.

I know that dyckah is working at becoming a bench team member. So a suggestion to you D, use a second HDD/SSD for benching. Anything will do cause you're going to ruin your OS it's not a matter of if but when.

i got an old ocz vertex i would probably use for that...
stopped using it in my pc, as it randomly disappears from the bios, and nothing but a hard reboot will make it show up again.
only happens like once every couple of months, but was enough to make it get pulled from my daily driver, and thrown on a shelf somewhere.
should be okay for some benching sessions though!

Back