• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speaking of cold. They are calling for -8f here Saturday. Should be a good day.
Time to really hit the rig with voltage and cold water Lochekey. I wanna hear that thang sqeeeee!!!!!!!

LOL @ Blaylock :rofl:

Man you guys are on another level wtf did I walk into on this forum lol......

I here thinking of maybe adding voltage to my GPU on air with an AIO on my CPU and pondering a full loop someday, but you guys......

I have a lot of reading to do it seems lol....
Evil there is a lot of nonsense in this thread but if you read it entirely there are certainly some very useful posts.

A Little result from todays activities. I'm so glad the voltage isn't reading correctly... That way no one gets any bright ideas of trying this on ambient.
3d03,207177,980.jpg

LOL ...... Lochekey

Yes Evil some here are happy with just water cooling but most find it just a stepping stone to colder adventures.

I walked down to the junk yard, owner has no anti-freeze in stock.
a lot of times he would keep small supply similar items.

- - - Updated - - -

Your right Evil, real men cool with vegetables.:facepalm:

View attachment 174836

Last week I seen a post with a picture of a lamb stuffed inside a pig stuffed inside a beef critter.
Captioned text was "because vegetables just are not enough."

damn now that's a barbeque ....

a 9x120 rad is just a start, if you could see my ambtant water loop, cpu only...........

colder outdoor temps compared to earlier today and adding a 2 x 120 radiator does not seem to help much at all.
just quick 10 minute comparison on temperature.

I'm assuming that indoor ambient @ 70 F is acting as a governor.

hence the idea to enclose the ice chests and allow cold air flow inside the enclosure.

I think the best temperature ive run a benchmark on the 9370 was 24 celcius water temperature.
reading 13.9 C right now.

it may be worth a shot using water to try a comparison with both ice chests.

colder outdoor temps compared to earlier today and adding a 2 x 120 radiator does not seem to help much at all.
just quick 10 minute comparison on temperature.

I'm assuming that indoor ambient @ 70 F is acting as a governor.

hence the idea to enclose the ice chests and allow cold air flow inside the enclosure.

I think the best temperature ive run a benchmark on the 9370 was 24 celcius water temperature.
reading 13.9 C right now.

it may be worth a shot using water to try a comparison with both ice chests.

In your earlier post you mentioned that you had no airflow over your rads. I'm assuming you are not using fans on them then. If this is the case you are shooting yourself in the foot as you are leaving a lot of cooking potential I the table.

8 and 9 celcius.
1 degree offset reservoir to reservoir comparison.
larger cooler only has water as fluid.

no air flow over the radiators also fairly close to the building.

0211162130.jpg

cold temps were reported to move in the area in next 12 hours I believe.

I know that's why I read through it, so it seems water is just childs play..........
All depends on how bad the overclocking bug bites you. There are those that are happy running a good Oc on water and that's that. Then there's the ones who feel it's never enough. I as well as a few others fall into that category. I can say and I've mentioned this before, I've learned more trying to push to extremes for benching then I would have just trying to do a daily Oc.

As an example, today for instance I was making some runs on DICE. I had never been able to push my 4770k past 5.6 Ghz and run any bench. I could get into windows but would BSOD on any task. Today I finally figured out what adjustments I needed to make to get it to actually run a program at 5.7.

I'll also say living in NY the old rad out the window trick really works well if one doesn't have the resources to go extreme cooling, ie DICE/Ln2. I plan on making a few runs on my 6700k tomorrow with my cold loop. Hoping to see at least -10c water temps.

0211162139a.jpg 0211162139b.jpg 0211162139c.jpg 0211162140.jpg

I'm using small ice chest and 1 x 120mm and 2 x 120mm radiator.
large ice chest 1 x 120mm and 3 x 120mm radiator.

maybe tomorrow I can manage to track down some available anti-freeze.
possibly go dig out the old car radiator been stored off site over a year.

any thoughts these temps enough to break 6.0ghz all 8 cores 9370 fx?

All depends on how bad the overclocking bug bites you. There are those that are happy running a good Oc on water and that's that. Then there's the ones who feel it's never enough. I as well as a few others fall into that category. I can say and I've mentioned this before, I've learned more trying to push to extremes for benching then I would have just trying to do a daily Oc.

As an example, today for instance I was making some runs on DICE. I had never been able to push my 4770k past 5.6 Ghz and run any bench. I could get into windows but would BSOD on any task. Today I finally figured out what adjustments I needed to make to get it to actually run a program at 5.7.

I'll also say living in NY the old rad out the window trick really works well if one doesn't have the resources to go extreme cooling, ie DICE/Ln2. I plan on making a few runs on my 6700k tomorrow with my cold loop. Hoping to see at least -10c water temps.

I always forget you are just a few hours east of me Manny

I always forget you are just a few hours east of me Manny
Yeah I'm not that far for sure. We actually had a benching party in Pa last year at Witchdoctors house near lancaster Pa. I believe it was a 3 hour drive for me. I'm actually in Pa. about 3 x a year due to travel baseball for my 12 yr old. Back to the weather though, these next few days should be really good for outside rads. :D

Yes I am definitely excited to see what this new rad will do for me. I will remember to put antifreeze in my loop this time.

That is funny that you were all down in Lancaster though I grew up just outside of Lancaster.

Back