• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure even the "I know it can blow up my card" portion of MSIafterburner can change Vcore on the very latest ATI chip video cards. People have looked for older cards so they could adjust Vcore.
RGone...

I thought that's why so many were bricking them. Trying to open the bios. I've almost always had Nvidia, kinda fond of the CUDA thing. Not that familiar with the AMD but I still read about them. I though it might depend on the vendor, wheather or not they were open.

johan 45 is right on the voltage thing.
I think i have some adjustment on my 7850.

I had someone PM me about the OC's on my cards. They were a bit disappointed in theirs. So I explained how the reference 580 is like a collared pitbull. That I ordered these because of the enhanced power system that ASUS added to it. That's why I could get 100 more MHz. I can't wait to unleash them some day.

I think i will have to run the vid mem at stock, 1250.
if i try to lower it the benchmark fails.

Why do they always wanna take our fun away.:cry:

WHY???????????
They're just protecting us from ourselves. I know.... Gaw!!!!

Why do they always wanna take our fun away.:cry:

WHY???????????
They're just protecting us from ourselves. I know.... Gaw!!!!

Well they have sort of kept this crap quiet but it has been the norm for a a good while now. All the earlier cards are now out of stock and the newer PCB is being sold and Vcore is locked. I hear a rumor that Asus may still have adjustable voltage with their proprietary software, but don't freeken try and go to the bank with that.
RGone...

They all try to buffer the RMA process. Nvidia has tried to limit all the Fermi chip cause they know that they pull alot of power and will burn ot the power section. They've implemented throttling software for the VRM and the 300 and up series drivers limit them to 1000MHz. Just one more hurdle for the determined but for the average user makes it pretty hard to break it.!!

Exit Trixx and CCC Overdrive prior to editing.

1. Go to regedit (start > search programs and files > "regedit").
2. In drop down menu: find file > type "enableulps".
3. For ALL instances (keep pressing F3) change the "1" value to a "0".
4. Reboot PC.

oh gawd just when i went and got trixx again, removed afterburner and started a bench!!!!!!

ok, it's going, it's ugly, but going.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 93
about all i can get out of it right now.

Attachments

• xxxxxxCapture.JPG
    xxxxxxCapture.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 77
cards unsynced.

Attachments

• cards un synced.JPG
    cards un synced.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 84
amungst the 10 million things on my honey dew list today i threw my 4170 into my m5a97 r2.0.
I normaly run this little dahlin at 5.0 in my better rigs.
so i ghetto modded my khuler 920 so i could mount the rad outside the case and run the side case fan and duct that cools the nb and vrm, and that duct runs all the way across the case right down to the heatsinks.
coolermaster did a great job on it.
I just don't see a 125 watt processor being a good choice for this board, do you?

it is surly comming out very soon and the 965 is going back in.

the other pic? wow, that guy does awesome work.

Attachments

• 4170 .JPG
    4170 .JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Fatality.jpg
    Fatality.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Is that the same setup as your initial posts with the 6300? You were hitting upwards of 4700 then.

no i have down clocked the cpu to around 4.5.
when (if) i catch up i can clock it back up and we can see what happens.

Back