• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kings Gauntlet 2007

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I presume at this early point in the process that the graphics are just a test, as are the sub teams within OCForums.

Although it is entirely possible that our horsepower will cause us to be working as two teams, no decision on that issue has been reached yet.

I presume at this early point in the process that the graphics are just a test, as are the sub teams within OCForums.

Although it is entirely possible that our horsepower will cause us to be working as two teams, no decision on that issue has been reached yet.

yeah, I think it's just a "testing page" right now. however, I do hope they are not splitting us into two as it should be a team vs team race. if they really gonna split us, may be we'll have all folder in a team then.

How to balance by horsepower? # and type of cores?

Does seti crunching favour conroe cores over amd as it does in folding due to enhanced floating point perf? Does larger cache help in seti vs smaller cache conroes?

The K8 dual cores are about 2/3 of a C2D clock for clock - and good luck getting even a new Opty up to 3.3 GHz or more. At least that's the way it was in the old SETI accounting system - we haven't looked into the new one that much, yet ...

Seems to me the teams are of 10. That works we can take 1st and 2nd!! :cool:

I expect if there are 2 teams you might want to consider how much folding power you will see joining the gauntlet before any balancing. Looking thru the gauntlet thread in the folding forum it sounds like there may be quite a few c2q's and c2d's, although some already have their own seti id's signed up.

eg i could have as many as 9 quads and 3 c2d's ... which would be similar to LS's if he throws the whole farm into it.

Also, it sounds like I should start converting things to seti as I wind down folding a few days before the start so they are up to full speed and with a full load of queued wu's to be crunched by the time Nov 4 arrives?

Last edited:
yea pscout getting your computers ready a few days in advance is a really good idea cuz the servers are probably gonna be getting pwnt trying to send/receive work for the gauntlet.
I know when i was installing the optimized client i ran into some issues because not all my computers had the .net framework installed and i was going nuts figuring it out. so just make sure it all installs nicely beforehand =D

eg i could have as many as 9 quads and 3 c2d's ... which would be similar to LS's if he throws the whole farm into it.

Also, it sounds like I should start converting things to seti as I wind down folding a few days before the start so they are up to full speed and with a full load of queued wu's to be crunched by the time Nov 4 arrives?

yes, you'll have pretty much my whole farm for the race except some slow relative's machine here and there e.g. a P4 here & there.

and yes, we should start 'bout a week before the start!!

we have to be patient, Seti USA will also into the Fun, but we have look at the Big chrunchers there

JV

and

MAC

both have overr hundrets of Host, they are at a University,

if they are are in, no fun i think

Gretings from Germany
Sir Ulli

we have to be patient, Seti USA will also into the Fun, but we have look at the Big chrunchers there

JV

and

MAC

both have overr hundrets of Host, they are at a University,

if they are are in, no fun i think

Gretings from Germany
Sir Ulli
we'll see! ;)

p.s. I found JV's stats, but couldn't find MAC's tho....?!

Back