• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7-Raid issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michaelkahl

Hey whats going on out there in forum world? Ok, first of all my KT7-R will work fine for a couple of weeks and give me great stability, but then it will take a dump on me. During the boot up I will get funky graphics cutting through my screen??? They look like exclamation points? Plus there are 50 other symptoms, but to much to go into detail. Every time I take it back to the store i purchased it from it works fine and they won't rma the dang thing!!!!
Please help some how?

I dunno, start listing the 50 symtoms. Maybe something will stand out. If this has happened several times what have you done to "fix" it?

mine does it sometimes overclocking to far.is the memory to far oc'ed? windows protection error seems to be to little current.at what setting does it happen? how are you getting 1000?is it 133x7.5?

Like Jeff says i also get the occasional windows protection error and screen problems if I overclock to much

------------

Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (133 mhz Crucial Stuff)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

When I OC I do 10x100, but I haven't OC'd in about a month. So when this started happening again last week everything was at default speed. One time after installing windows 98se on the via southbridge controllers windows lost my cd-rom drives. It couldn't find the win98se cd, and when I went to browse my cd-roms where missing from the list. The only drives that would show up where A: and C:. The cd-roms would show up in the bios, and I could boot from them, so I decided to reinstall the VIA chipset drivers. When I did I got an "Error Accessing Registry. Please restart." So I restarted over and over yet I couldn't install the new chipset. So then I decided to reinstall windows over top itself. In the middle of the installtion while it was "copying files" it lost the cd again and I restarted and there they where showing up at boot up. So I booted of the cd-rom whiped out my hd and started again. Windows installed, but it was horriibly unstable.

It sounds a little like you might have some component going bad, maybe the IDE controller. Since you just did a clean OS install that reduces the possiblity of having a software problem, there still might be a driver conflict. Check your cables and give us details of what you are doing when it crashes.

Back