• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L12 Mod Really Does Raise Fsb Up 20+ Mhz!!![Retired sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey I have an xp2100 t-bred the green flavor, I also have an abitkx7-333

Ive had it runing stable @ 2.158mhz on this mobo.

My question is what is the best NF7 mobo that I could stick this chip in with the L12 mod.

Also kinda ot but will an ATi card run well on an nf7 chipset ?

nevermind my thats. read another link that helped me.

i have a 2600+. would a 333fsb cpu count as a 166? or would this mod not work

dude im having the same problem. my socket is filled with di-electric grease. Ive tried every configuration possible on trats page for L12 jumpers and none of them will make me post at a 200fsb. i have a mobile 2500+. the one i get to work the best is 31 to 32. Which should work on a barton regular 166? i could hit 221 FSB. I havent flashed the bios yet. will this help. It would be helpful if someone with a freaking MP 2500+ can clarify how in the hell to achive 200FSB on boot. LOL.

i just got it to post at 220 x 5 at 1.775v. this is with stock bios it will not let me go past 220 FSB with out bios going nuts ...= greyed out menu selections or blue bar across bottom of screen or white lines thru the post screen. Time for some sleep im goin to install D24 bios tomorrow and hook some drives up and see what i can do with that. The 30-28 jump enabled be to go from 215-221 thats it. after i tweak with this some more and see what the voltage limits are and then have my friend who mods X-box and PS2 do the mods on the back of the mobo and the Vdd mod!!! if thats what needs to be done ,,,ill do it dammit. my north bridge isnt super water cooled for nothing.. Jut!

I went AH30 to the VSS Grnd & got absolutely nothing. -NF-7 ver 2 nonS

Used a decent sized wire for a good connection.

It stayed at 133.

Any idea where I can grab the 18 BIOS?

I did the l12 mod and it just made my BIOS read 166 instead of 133. But other than that, no improvement whatsoever. I'm still stuck at 220 FSB stable in Windows.

In fact, all it did was made me have to increase my voltage from 1.65V to 1.7V to make it stable in Windows @ 11x220. So I took the telephone wire out when I was able to, and can go back to 1.65V again. Right now I have it at 1.675V though just to test a few things out, but can run at 1.65V without any problems.

Not using haxxored BIOS though.

Last edited:
woo hoo! it worked for me! before, i wasn't able to go above a fsb of 205. right now, i'm completely stable at 220x11.5. i'm gonna get my faster ram later, and see if i can go higher. yahoo!

I have a question? If anyone would or could help me, that would be great

I was wondering if performing the L12 mod on a mobile 2400+(35) processor on an nf7-v2 would help with the fsb. Thank you very much

I would think that it would be easy enough to try out. It should not cause any damage if it doesn't because all its doing is causing information to change, not voltages or anything that could cause damage. Worst case you'll have to remove it and clear CMOS.

Of course, like anything else you do here...do so at your own risk.

It's worth a try, at any rate. If you have a CPU that's already 166fsb, and you mod it for 200fsb, you probably won't see as much of a gain as those who went from 133 to 166. I'd still give it a shot though...it certainly can't hurt anything.

Back